1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i have done more than 4K Kms running with yoko v550 DB,it is silent but gripwise not so good(may be i have only front two new tires and rear the same old macho GT3).
    dont know about side cut walls,but i have driven on the bad roads like i driven with GT3,checkked with tires didnt found any signs of sidewall cut's.
    So far so good with Yoko DB's
  2. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have done 2000 Kms on Appollo Accelere .. So far good...i can't say it as best in Braking ( Possibly my brake pads worned out badly ). But considering my driving in Rural Roads i think appollo is serving good.
  3. arian

arian Amatore

Mumbai
    Unfortunately the sidewall punctures have happened one tyre at a time. So I m forced to buy one AVS DB everytime one tyre goes kaput. So Im not getting the chance to replace all four in one go and now stuck with the same brand.

Also, as Ganges has mentioned in his post, the grip on these tyres are not as good. They are silent and comfortable but no match for the MAXXIS tyres I had earlier or even goodyears in terms of the grip. Plus like Ganges, a friend of mine who purchased DB is yet to experience a single puncture. So I think it also is sheer bad luck on my part or plain bad driving. Whatever, be careful if you go for DBs coz like I mentioned the problem is changing one tyre at a time and not getting an opportunity to change all of them.

I think Michelins are slightly better off than DBs though I think you can consider other variants from YOKOS if you are keen on the brand (with slightly harder sidewalls). Also, I think the choice of tyres should solely depend on what you seek. I was very keen on comfort and noise free driving experience coz I do a lot of mumbai-pune concrete expressway drives. I made my choice knowing fully about the risk of sidewall punctures. Another thing, DBs dont last long like our GTs. A DB tyre used on the front wheel for 22000 kms plus and driven majorly on highways will show high wear and tear signs.

Based on my experience with tyres, nothing beats MAXXIS for outright grip levels at the price on offer (but then they are seriously noisy). If given a chance I would go for MICHELINS as my next replacement.
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mine front two new tires are V550 DB and now due to change for the rear tires(running on Gt3) ,after experiencing the V550 DB now planning to go for grip tires at the rear may be i will end up with GT3. This will be like compromise with bit of noise(2 silent tires with less grip ) and the grip(2 noisy tires with more grip) both at the same time :D. Again is this acceptable ?
  5. arian

arian Amatore

Mumbai
    If Im not mistaken, AVS DBs are unidirectional tyres while GT3s are non-directional (Im not sure). If this is the case then though it is possible to have mixed tires and have unidirectional and non-directional tires on the same vehicle the only issue may arise when you want to rotate the tyres. Think its better to run on 4 tyres of the same make!

Also, the tyres with more grip should be at the front. So much difference will it make having new gripping tyres at the back!
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Yes run 4 of the same make. Avoid mix and match.

Luck does play it's part. I experienced sidewall rupture in both NCT5 and A-drives each when they were brand new ; both of these aren't a soft tyre by any definition. So , you never know. And i don't even drive rashly over bad roads!

Cheers.
  7. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I am planning to change to Michellin Primacy.
  8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Man this is getting very confusing now.
  9. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida

I dont blame you Italia. I have been looking for the best options for the TJET and I have been knocking my head from one wall to another. The only thing i have done till now is just to make a list, without any order of preference.

225/50/16

Yokohama ES501

Michelin Pilot Sport 3

205/55/16

Yokohama V550 AVS DB

Michelin PRIMACY LC

Yokohama Advan Sport V103

And I still have no idea !!!!!

Help Anyone !!!!!
  10. khoj

khoj Amatore

Dilli
    Here get these and get the best that the tire universe has to offer in terms of grip, low noise, hard rubber/sidewalls, great fuel economy & what not

Assurance Fuel Max - Tyres - Goodyear India

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.