1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Check tyre dealers like Sai Iyengar,Madhus,Cherys. I have brought tyre from Sai Iyengar. He has given a good deal for my stock tyre and traded it for Michlin XM2 185/70/R14
  2. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

Difference in wheel gap with 195/60 R15 (MRF ZLO 2nd pic) and 205/60 R15 (Yoko A-drive 1st pic) tires on my 2012 elevated Punto.
    (plz bear with the gawdy alloy in first pic, it was mounted just for checking :-D)

I think a 205/60 profile is quite good in eliminating the annoying gap to quite an extent. I might consider it.
    IMG_20130105_144745 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20130119_163214 - Copy.jpg )
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  3. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: What tyres to buy??

I would still be skeptical with 205/60, as it might foul with the rear wheel arc on a bumpy stretch.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
  4. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

Even Iam skeptical on the same but looking at the gap still left with 205/60, side by side I was getting assured that it wont touch. But it can only be proved once I buy and test these out coz shopkeeper definitely wont do anything more than mounting the tire on new alloy and showing it to me :-D My old ZLOs can easily do 10k more and Iam already trying hard to get that 'best' profile and tire for my next upgrade.

Would be glad if anyone respond with a 205/60 r15 tire, does it scrap anywhere ?
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    What about scrapping on the front wheel well, particularly when you turn the steering fully?

Rajan
  6. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

Well it was not scrapping when we put the same on front side but then it was while car was at a standstill, cant comment if it would while on move but there was enough gap for tire in the wheel wells.
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    If you can make sure the 205/60's do not foul - they will be an excellent tyre. High profile rubber is what our roads need. And if the guy who did the alignment on the Linea is to be believed, the Linea and Punto should wear nothing less than 205 section rubber. That was his opinion.
  8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    I am planning to buy the Yokohoma V550 Decibels. I have a very good dealer near my home who recommended me this particular tyre for comfort and low road noise.

Well the price he is giving me is also good.

On a lighter note i do not have to Join some damn commercial forum to get discount from yokohoma which includes moderator's commissions :) LOL.

So i am getting a better deal than above directly from the shopkeeper. The same deal is applicable to all his customers :) even if you are not a part of any automobile forum.
    1 person likes this.
  9. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

The only way to find out if it fouls or not is to buy them and use them. I'll upgrade to the same profile now. After seeing the look these give, Iam already hell bent to get these :-D Rest, what I felt is that 195 section is totally satisfying for Punto BUT these now no more fill the wheel arcs properly in 2012 n onward Fiats... sigh....
  10. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I would still suggest you to go with 205/55, at times the car is loaded with more than one person(can be 2/3/4) and thats when it will definitely foul with the arcs while negotiating a bumpy road
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.