1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

Iam already running 195/60 r15 in my car, upgraded shoes right after delivery. You sure 205/55 wont foul anywhere ? Iam interested in this profile then if its fine.

- - - Merged Post - - -

34 ?????!!!!! :-O Iam maintaining 30 all around :-D Found 32 to be harsh, but I guess tire size playing important role here, mine are 15inchers

- - - Merged Post - - -

Hey thanks, can you comment on the ride quality on this profile ? Is the difference very drastic ? Sorry could't find anyone who can give any feedback over this tire profile for punto and I guess you have used this on your punto (read smwhere)

- - - Merged Post - - -

Iam seeing quite a number of cars with tires of his Kenda brand, I thot its some cheap chinese brand but iam surprised to know that these are actually isi certified !! If so then i would definitely try to check these out too, they are really cheap. Btw I could't find even a single review of kends anywhere, thou maxxis and nakang are well known.
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Mathew 7:7

tyreupsize.JPG

205/55 R16 will definitely not foul. Having said that, you already have the ideal upsize. Are you sure you want to tax that 77 HP oil burner with a 10 mm wider contact patch? What is the driving force behind this desire? Looks? Better stance?

If you want my advice - please stick with 195/60 R15. If you have to go for 205, then go the whole nine yards and get 205/45 R17

Rajan
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  3. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

Its the damn elevated look which is making me to put 16inchers. Iam all satisfied with 15inchers but when I look at them, they look so puny :-D Iam yet to see how a 205/60 r15 tire would look. 17 is definitely a big no !! I like my backbone to stay fit ;-)
  4. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    No Abdul, I think you misunderstood my post. I had the three middle grooves intact on all tires with the TWI still visible while the edges where looking for a new definition of baldness, and were starting to look for reasons to get a flat. Else I could have carried on with those tires for another 5000kms.

Yes, I would be having higher sidewalls to soak up the harshness.

The tires now have done close to 500kms and I mildly tested the braking ability. Stepped on the brakes while moving at a sedate 60kmph and the car just stopped without any screeching, squealing, or skidding and threw everything to the floor that was not bolted or belted down.
    More testing is on the cards.
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    i'm driving on maxxis so far i dont have any complaints.. But it is really hard so if your looking for ride comfort its better to stay away
  6. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: What tyres to buy??

@sunswape:
    Never used this profile but have used 205/55/15(perhaps the best upsize after the stock size) and 205/45/17(need to drive with eagles eyes to spot irregularities), there is quite a significance difference in ride quality as you need to be a lot more careful while negotiating bumps or potholes, my suggestion would be to stick to 15's for best results.

Waheguru Waheguru
    1 person likes this.
  7. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad

Whats the size you brought? Anyone else have experience/know about the MY02's? I've been considering 205/60- R15's and that size is available in MY02.
  8. binaiks

binaiks

Bangalore
    Guys,

Need some advice. I am looking at replacing my car's tyres. I am currently running on a Bridgestone - 175/70R14 - the same spec as the OEM. The tyre has dome some 40K, and is showing a lot of signs of wear. Punctures are very common, and tread is wearing out. I am not very interested in an upsize. What are the best options for me?

And some good shops in Bangalore too :) My brother had taken his Innova's tyres from "Millivisions" near Lalbagh. But they do not do fitting.
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    @ binaiks

185/70/14 will be a good choice. Quite a few TFIans are using it and happy with it.

You can check out Michelin XM2 / Yoko A drives in the lower end of the segment. Can't go wrong with either of these two.
  10. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

That is some serious testing you are doing there with ZLOs, great going :) I myself have experienced many panic breaking on these ZLOs and never they gave any hint of loosing grip or there line.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Hey thanks, really need someone to comment on the ride quality. I will stick to 15 for now then :) Thanks
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.