1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I would be changing the tyres this weekend for my punto. I finalized on MRF ZLO. 4500/Tyre is the quote I got from a dealer in Maduravoyl. MRF ZLO is the cheapest with that guy. I checked the tyres, the side wall is soft. The dealer guy, said don't go for MRF. Not even a single inquiry he got for those tyres. I am the first one even to ask for the rates. He said you will repent your choice. But I am still inclined towards MRF Zlo mainly because of the tight budget and also the positive reviews from the owners in Tfi & tbhp. Tight budget is because I have to change my wife's santro's tyres too which comes to 12K for 4tyres for apolo accelere. If not ZLO then my next choice would be a yoko. MicPLC is way out of my reach right now (5900 / Tyre). Heart says go for PLC brain says for the current situation you better go to ZLO. If I can wait for 4 -5 months MicPLC is easy for me to get but before that I have plans to to do atleast 4 highway drives with the stock GT3. The GT3 has gone so bad that the ride is very harsh on bad roads and in slow speeds the steering turns in stages. The current GT3 I believe can run for another 5K but I am afraid the harsh ride can bring more rattles to the plastics if I extend its life for another 5K. My Main requirement from the new tyres is that it should be balanced for the performance, comfort and noise for which I believe ZLO falls into that. I hope ZLO dosen't lets me down.
  2. dev

dev

Mysore
    I changed tyre to Bridgestone MY-02. The Quote was 4550/- for each. These are little softer but the Dealer was stating that these are very good and built on the earlier My-01.

Bridgestone categories them as Entry Sport Tyres.
  3. dev

dev

Mysore
  4. dev

dev

Mysore
  5. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    AVS DB is better in terms of performance to the PLC and both these tyres are very quiet. The lesser price of AVS DB is an icing on the cake.
    1 person likes this.
  6. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: What tyres to buy??

I can vouch for this using MY01 past 6 months.. it's simply superb...

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2
  7. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

Go ahead with ZLOs. They are the most under-rated tires available in market. Being a MRF, its the most obvious tire to avoid for people but reality is that it is totally different from the entire range of MRF tires. MRF is known to make hard and long lasting tires which are not that much great on comfort and performance front but ZLO is in a different league here. Its definitely a soft tire but not such which will keep puncturing. Iam using ZLO from past 24k kms on my Punto, size 195/60 R15 and I had a single puncture till date and that too a minor one. Tires can still easily go more than 10k kms and mind you, these tires have seen worst of road-no-road conditions. These are silent, grippy and grips very well during hard braking. Have had emergency braking on these at speeds in excess of 120-140kmph and these really kept these grip quite well. Ripped through corners and they complement Punto's handling very well. Comfort is great, no teeth juddering effect on broken roads, it does feel soft when you take potholes and other irregularities on road. Iam thoroughly satisfied with these tires, its just the mouth to mouth words which are working against these tires. Real time users are all happy with these. The only problem which Iam facing with these is the constant grinding sound which comes alive from 30kmph till 50kmph, but then such cases are too less. Still could't find the reason for this, but tire is great and i would definitely go for these again if I could't get any good tire in 205/60 R15 size. Sadly zlos r not available in that size and Iam hell bent to get that profile to take on the 'elevated look' of my 2012 Punto :-D
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  8. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Sunswape, your recommendation really made me finalize the decision on ZLOs last week, and so far they are keeping up to the promise. Yesterday I went into a bit of a race mode through the city traffic and tires never felt they were lacking in grip.
  9. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

Iam glad my inputs came of some help to you :) What size you went for ? And are you facing any grinding noise ?
  10. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: What tyres to buy??

Love this...:D

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

uploadfromtaptalk1358693656999.jpg
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.