1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Last time when I was at the Alignment centre, the tyre guy was also recommending the same. Good that TFI has a personal experience now. How much was the cost? How many kms did you run on GT 3 ?

PS: In my other car, am using Bridgestone Turanza and have to say its a VFM product for Indiann roads
  2. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

The sidewall is not as soft as Michelin PLC or the Yokos, it's supposedly stiffer. What impressed me was the noise and comfort.

My GT3s were 90kms old when I traded them. Paid 8k for 5 MY 02s, with balancing, alignment and nitrogen.
  3. How much is the cost per tyre?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  4. fiat_fan

fiat_fan Amatore

Calicut
    I have to change my stock tyres now as it got some bends and which causing slight steering vibration. now its 34k in odo. I am not going for upgrade since I dont want to compromise GC . so in 165/80 R14 category which tyre is best ..? My priorities are higher grip and durability and ability to handle bad roads.
    what abt Good year Dura+? pls share ur opinion
  5. ranconteur

ranconteur Amatore

Delhi
    I changed my tires from GT3 to acelere and the most noticeable change was the wet grip on acelere which I would definitely term as very good , I really liked the wet grip , not a hint of nervousness I ever felt driving at speeds in excess of 100 on wet roads which I otherwise noticed on GT3
  6. Re: What tyres to buy??

Go for Michelin xm2..dura plus is an avg tyre with long life...

7. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Me too want to change tyres now. I am hell bend on Yokohomas V550 DB. Anyone has fitted them , reviews please?
  8. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

I would still say Apollo Acelers are very bad in wet. I have had very bad experiences with it on my zen. For me its a big no if its raining outside ! Otherwise, its good on every other expect. And for me these are silent (sorry for contradicting here)

- - - Merged Post - - -

Heard they are very noisy. But no first hand experience with these and so Iam also interested in these. These are also available in 205/60 R15 :)
  9. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Nosiy, how can they be very noisy. Yoko advertise it as silent series. So the name DB Decibels.
  10. Re: What tyres to buy??

I feel the wet grip of apollo accelere is pretty decent. maybe because I drive at speeds below 80kmph during rain..I never liked any tyre much other than michs, but apollo is really a good tyre at a cheaper price tag..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.