1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Re: What tyres to buy??

Tyre noise is on the higher side, but I never noticed anything with the music and ac on...
    Is yoko s drive superior to c drive??

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I'm not a big fan of "sport/performance" tyres, so i'm a bit biased when it comes to fitting performance tyres on our economy cars running on Indian roads.

I'd happily take a higher profile comfort oriented tyre anyday.
  3. vikastwister

vikastwister Novizio

Noida
    Guys I am planning to but a Continental ecoconnect 3 tyre of 185/70/R14 tyre for my punto. Tyre is going to cost me Rs. 4700 each. Offer here is if I will buy 4 tyres than a motorized air pump will be free.
    My Question here is How is the tyre in terms of noise and number of KMs. My OEM JK Tornado are almost done with 42000 KMs in 2.9 years. Expecting a tyre with more mileage as its always a pricey stuff.
    Also tell me about Duraplus ? If possible if some one is having a good experience with it. For 165/80/R14 profile price is Rs. 3400.

Eagerly waiting for your inputs.
  4. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
  5. Nimish antony

Nimish antony Regolare

Kochi
    try hankook evo v12 with 205/50/15. I have personally used them and they are far much more superior than the S drives or Michelliens
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    As per your requirements, avoid a "sporty" tyre. Try Yokohama Yokohama AVS dB v550. A tyre biased towards quiet and a comfortable ride.

Yoko C-drives are good and quite a few TFIans are using it without any worries. But as per your requirement, i'd get the AVS.
  7. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Here are quotes i got as i was looking below 5k Budget tyres for 195/65 R15

YOKO A Drives - 4700
    Appollo Accelere - 4950
    Good Year NCT-05 - 5300

Yoko C drives & MRF ZLO's not available for 195/65 profile ( as per dealers ).
  8. paritosh

paritosh

Pune
    Thanks. One of the tyre shops also did recommend the AVS DB and i checked their india web site as shared by one of the tfians . matches the requirement.

I was very keen on michelins initially, but the current experienece on border-line side wall punctures suggests to avoid them.

Reg Hankook, i am not too keen on changing the dimmensions. MRF ZLOs have also got some good reviews on the forum.

Will compare the price between the 2 (AVS DB and ZLO) and take a call.
  9. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Replaced the GT3s on my 90HP with Bridgestone MY 02s. I am impressed with the minimal tyre noise, superb grip and also comfort over bad roads. Highly recommended. The tyres are made in Thailand and are 88V speed rated.

DSC_0185.jpg

DSC_0184.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  10. sdp1975

sdp1975 Amatore

Bangalore
    How is the tyre sidewall compared to the Yokos and Michelins ?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.