1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Definitely the A drives as compared to the noisy Aceleres. Have the A drives on the Palio, no issues. The only gripe is that they haven't lasted as long as the Goodyear NCT5's which were on earlier. Even though they are a budget tyre and not a performance tyre. They've done 30k on the Palio and will be gone by the next 5000 or so km's.

You should easily see 40k+ with good care. And don't let anyone fool you that because they are Yoko , they have soft sidewalls. Trust me on this, the A drives on the Palio have seen hell, well almost. :)
    1 person likes this.
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    *ABS with EBD ;)
  3. ramu_dodda

ramu_dodda Amatore

hyderabad
    akshay
    I tried with 205/60R15 Good Year Assurance, steering become littled hard and pickup reduced, I felt more load on the CAR and overkilling the engine. I will go back to original size 195/60R15 after few more months as more investment required for all 4 tyres change. I personally feel we are messing up the car handling with upgrade. probably we can try 205/55R16 TJet tyres as they are fiat recommended for Linea.
  4. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Please post a picture of your Car with 205\60\R15.
  5. ramu_dodda

ramu_dodda Amatore

hyderabad
    sure, I will post them today. honestly road grip increased with upsize , it just liked mounted on the road and feel like vehicle is very heavy when it moves, it doesnt care small pathholes with this upsize heavy tyres, only thing i dont like it is over killing the engine and steering become hard & heavy. now it is your choice to choose upsize or stick to your OEM size.

I really like 205 tyre looks , grip &mount on the road and dont care condition to small path holes and 6mm increased height in over all ground clearance but dont like killing the engine and heavy steering.
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  6. hellovineet

hellovineet Timido

New Delhi
    Hello All,

After reading lots of posts here about tire upsizing, replacement, I am quiet confused what to go for for my GP 1.3 MJD 75HP.

It have clocked 40K on OE 165-80/R14 JK tyres.

All tires are worn out and cause lots of wheel noise inside the cabin.

I am looking for smooth, noise less travel as i drive daily 100 kms for work (both up and down). Also, tires should be good enuf to handle Delhi's road (Thou they are very good as compared to other places). My normal travel includes delhi's ring road, nh8 towards gurgaon, Noida-Greater Noida Expressway...

REad about Michilin (In dilema as have found both good and bad reviews about it. ). Yoko(I dont find any tyre on their site which are for GP). Anything on MRF or any other brand?

Do you advice upgrading to 15" alloy or sticking to OE 14" steel wheel? If alloy, what benefits would I get? Which brand to go for and what would be the cost?

Also, I am thinking of replacing the OE speakers, music system. What shoudl I opt for?

Thanks
    Vineet
  7. hellovineet

hellovineet Timido

New Delhi
    http://www.alloywheelsindia.com/product1/search/89/104/14/73/38/h_220.htm

How would this look on Tuskan Wine Punto Emotion?

8. manojnambiar

manojnambiar Novizio

Bangalore
    Hi my MJD already done 40000+km...my front both tires are wornout and rear ones are far better, i tried rotating wheels for stretching the tires further few miles, but the front ones started troubling me with noises above speed 50kmph,, so had to go back to original. Now planning to go for replacement, Hope 40000+ is descent miles done by tires on our rough roads. Iam planning to upgrade to 195/60R14 from 175. would like to know wthr increasing the width to 195 shall have an adverse effect..? Will there be a greater speedo error or is it negligible,,will it improve handling on bad roads...? Pls advise....
    Looking for XM2 or A or S Drive
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Yeah 195/60/14 would be fine. So would be 185/70/14.

And, you can't go wrong with either the XM or A drives. Both are dependable.
  10. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    195/60 R14 will be too small radius and can cause Ground Clearance issues. Better to use 185/70 R14.
    If you want to go for 195 sized tyres upgrade the wheels to 15" and choose 195/60 R15
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.