1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sandy.chegi

sandy.chegi Novizio

195/60/R15 is the right upsize. 195 65/15 has the issue of diameter diff: +3.17% , effect: speed will read slower than actual. So, if 65 profiles are needed, 185/65/R15 is the right size. If error in reading is not a concern (I believe the issue is not just error in readings), then may be you can look into 195/65/R15 profiles.

Experts may comment
  2. royj

royj Esperto

^^ From where does this 185/65/R15 comes? :confused:
    Stock tyres for Punto is 195/60 R15.
    Get yourself updated.
  3. sandy.chegi

sandy.chegi Novizio

As mentioned, in case Neil wanted tyres with height of 65 ones, the right profile is 185/65/R15 but nothing for 195/65/R15 and not suggested anything. Thanks for the update though Roy.
  4. kvk

kvk Amatore

Have you put the MRF ZLO?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Grande Punto 1.3
    Ashoka Wheels - Hyderabad Quoted Rs 3650 for Hankook Tyres of size 185/70 R14 ... Is this good deal ? Please throw some light on these tyres.
    Are they reliable ?
  6. Hello,

I am planning to get my Linea Tyres changed and Upsized, i am having a big time prob with GC.

Checked with bridgestone and they had suggested 195/70 R15, can some one tell me if its a good idea to upsize the tyre to this dimension will i encounter any issues if i do.

please suggest.
  7. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Dont do !! check this exp here, with 65 aspect !!
    Proud Owner - F. Red Fiat Linea MJD E-Pack - Page 7 - Team-BHP
  8. Thx Varun

Aawe it touches the wheel arches.. thats bad..

I was planning for 205/65/R15 Bridgestone AR 10

I had read in many places that it does handle well...now i am in a dilema.. i need to improve the GC at any cost
    Its such an embarrassment when am travelling with 5 people and the car goes scrapping the bottom. Then everyone looks at me and says, why did u buy such a car which is not even capable of handling bad roads. :-( :mad:

Current GC is about 170mm on my Linea.. I have to either get a GC kit or upsize my tyres.

However i am considering tyre upgrade as the existing ones are gone for good.

Please suggest.
  9. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    The only option available to you is to get the GC upgrade kit. No tyre change will suit your requirement.
  10. halfclutch

halfclutch Amatore

Guys i have Punto Active which has done 23k km till now. the tyre wear is not much hence it can go more 10k km or so.
    I think i should start saving money and looking for tyres and set of alloys right now so that i dont have to hurry when the its time to replace the stock tyres:)
    I have zero knowledge about tyre upgrade hence please help me making a right choice.
    my questions are :
    1. whats the maximum tyre profile that a 14" rims, alloys can take ?
    2. is it really advisable to go for 15" wheels for punto ? ( else i ll buy alloys for my current 14" stock tyres;) )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.