1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I really dont want to upsize,but R15,XM2's are available only in 205/65,and 185/65
    Pirelli's are excellent tyres abroad,but in India feedback is not too inspiring...I tried Pirelli as my fz's rear tyre,but its too hard and I felt MRF was better...Yokohama is the next choice after Michellin for me,I like the C-drives...
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    As a matter of fact, talking of MRF, the MRF ZLOs are not a bad choice either. They are claimed to be as good as the Michelins and I have heard that from too many users to brush that away as a one-off case. Worth taking a look at.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  3. but XM1+ is not manufactured anymore,right?
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Will check with a few buddies that deal with tyres and let you know. I wouldn't hesitate to buy XM1+, even if it is a couple of years old. Good discount is a given for a couple of years old tyre. Given that rubber has a shelf life of ~ 6 years, it makes a lot of sense, as with the kind of running we do, we would have worn the tyre bare long before 6 years :D

Rajan
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
  5. Few years old tyre??:eek:::pP

Wont the tyres behave a little lazily??:-D if the tyres are left unused for long periods,it gets hard,and braking is very much affected,and in few cases the rubber just cracks..This was the case in our Santro,whose stepney was unused for 2 years,and when was used it was hard to believe that we are using a brand new tyre...
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Rajan/Arnab
    below is the pic with profile 205/65/R15.Again this profile will kiss the wheel fenders.... so changed my mind to 195/65/R15. :)
    12092009002.jpg
  7. Hurricane

Hurricane Amatore

Hyderabad.
    wow. 215/55.. Are you planning on a GC kit as well. The ride will be a bit hard as well but knowing you, you don't care about that as long as you have those Yokos. your driving style demands more rubber ::T

p.s: Look at Yoko S Drives. They are cool..

Instead of 205/65, 205/55 will be more ideal. I think it wont kiss the fenders.
  8. Linear

Linear Amatore

Thane
    Careful there. I have not seen good reviews of P6 online. Most say it's a pretty useless tyre at that price.
  9. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Well, no GC kit. I like my ride to be low slung. I had the scrapping problem rarely and that too on the worst road conditions. Recently I scrapped the underbody at Wayand after South India Meet. It did get scraped badly and I have to get the bend removed. Its making hell lot of noise while driving.

I am still thinking about the tyre upsize. If I donot find an alloy of my choice, I might even go for steel rims for time being and get alloys when I spot the one I like. Or I might even stick with my current setup Yokohama ES100 195/60/R14. We never know.
  10. After 195/60 the next upsize is 205/55 R15,but the problem is the lack of options dont help at all...I am not interested in Primary LC's,so the next option is to go for Yoko's..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.