1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dear members,

I would like to upgrade the stock tyres, as they have will be reaching the end of their life after a few 100 kms..Jk tyres are notorious for their quality:punch...I would like to upgrade to 185/70. will it reduce the ground clearance further??. which tyre is better. bridgestone or goodyear ..? the stock ones are 165/80 R 14...please help
  2. 185/70/R14 is the correct upsize from 165/80 R14. I have already done this for my Punto Dynamic. Brought Michelin XM2.
  3. go for michelin xm2...
  4. theblack

theblack Esperto

5. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

[/COLOR]Thanks speedjet for your views. Just when I had decided upon the Primacy LC I came across this link from TBHP which seems a cause of worry for Michelin Tyres.

Michelin Primacy LC - Bad experiences - Team-BHP

Just wondering if there tyre is really suited for Indian conditions!! Further the customer support of Michelin seems to be very reluctant!!
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2012
  6. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Guys I finally went ahead with Primacy LC and I must say that I am very much impressed with the tyres . They are ultra silent and comfortable . In fact they are so silent that now the engine sound and wind sound has become very prominent in the cabin. These sounds were totally masked previously by the roar of the GT3s. The older GT3s were sold back for INR 500 per tyre(30K old).

Till now I have driven it till 120 and the ride is very pliant. Also they seem to perfectly complement the stiffer upgraded GC kit that I got installed. BTW I am still keeping the tyre pressure as 32 psi as mentioned in my Manual ? Do i need to change it as these are softer tyres than GT3s ?

BTW thanks to Gurjinder and Speedjet for their sugggestions on the Primacy LC!! :cool:
  7. RYadav

Hi Guys,

I am planning to replace tyre in my car. front left tyre is getting puncture very frequently...and now i have these two tyres in very bad shape. Im planning to replace
    these tyres.
    Im planning for MRF but other tyres in car are JK tornado will this be a problem.
    Is it good and safe to go for same company or i can change the company without comprmising on safety and ride quality.

Any suggestions what should i go for???

Grande Punto 1.3
    I am planning to put 185/70 on my punto active... I think JK tyres have enough flesh to stretch another 4-5k Kms.... Earlier my idea was to put on Linea rims.. and get 195 / 60 profile.. some how as my running is high its been 14 months i bought punto , now the ODO is on 39300Kms... i like to opt for 185/70 R14 tyres with OEM steel wheels.

Can anyone suggest good tyres -
    My Running is 40 % Rural Roads -
    60 % in city.
    Requirement : Life should be good ( Atleast 50k )
    Braking & Grip ( Dry and Wet )
    Please suggest guys :rolleyes:
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    go for GT3 ;)

after 5K Kms i will be changing to Michelin PLC.
  10. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    What the quote you got for Michelin???

I got like 3.5K is that the one you are talking about????
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.