1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    FWIW, everytime you put a brand new set of tyres on, your steering will feel a bit lighter but slowly it'll be back to routine. That, to me, is just a new tyre thing. I experienced this on the Palio D when i switched from stock to NCT5 and then later to A-drives (which are a higher profile than the NCT5's).

If you put on new GT3's on your Punto, i'm very sure you'll feel a lightened steering temporarily. Ofcourse 165 section feels lighter on the steering as the contact patch is less.

So, Sat mate, unless you put on some Mahindra Jeep type tyres, you shouldn't really be worrying about steering feel etc etc.

Cheers.
    1 person likes this.
  2. Buddy, All my life i have brought only budget tires,it is time to experience some thing better.
  3. gurjinder

Punjab
    Primacy LC then? Don't go for expensive tyres which are oriented towards high performance on the race track.

TFIans NKapoor777 and Axn have nothing but the best to speak of these PrimacyLC's.
  4. @teky, glad to know you are happy with PLC. I'm a die-hard fan of the Michelin's and I recommend the same to anyone who asks me, but sadly not many opt for it. Donno what the general perception towards Michelin is keeping them away!
    1 person likes this.
  5. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    My tyre dealer friend just told me that the PLC sidewalls are not the strongest. I am confused.

Abdul
  6. I'm not very sure on the sidewall strength, but from my experiences, never had side wall issues in either PLC/XM1+.
    1 person likes this.
  7. Does the PLC tire increase the body roll of the car ? mine is already GC upgraded Car,just want get this confirmed.
    -Sat
  8. gurjinder

Punjab
    Ofcourse the PLC's sidewalls are not the strongest. The strongest sidewalls might be on this tyre:

You get the point. The whole sidewall debate is very much snowballed out of proportion thanks to some discussions taking place on some forums.

Cheers.
    4 people like this.
  9. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    You & Ramesh were the main reasons I opted for Michelins. The Innova example you provided was enough for me to sway towards Michelins.

Depends upon what he is benchmarking against, But when's your A - Drives up for change?
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  10. I have decided to stop by and take a look myself today,will update you by tomorrow.
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.