1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    royj,
    by diwali i'm also planning for change of stock GT3 195/60/R15 to 195/65/R15.
    here are the quotes received at my place and my budget range is within 5000 INR per tyre. :)
    JK Vectra:- 4650
    Goodyear NCT-5:-5200
    Goodyear Assurance:-4600
    Goodyear Duraplus:-4250

if i get nice resale value to my old tyres(done 36K Kms) i will change it asap.
  2. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    I never thought tyres that have done 36K can be sold, Is it really possible?
  3. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi!
    I have used Goodyear NCT5 in my previous car & was happy with the tyre. Grip both wet & dry was good. However, the dealer (Brand Shop) is totally against the tyre due to its present quality.

Now I am looking at either V550 or C drive whichever is better.

Kiran
    1 person likes this.
  4. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Probably the re-map is making you do this.

I did the tyre change so as to check it before the long drive to Ooty this weekend. I'll post the highway feedback once I'm done with this, that being said I've already did some triple digit speeds where in it was completely under control.
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
  5. That is right before remap touching 160 it self was big ask,now I touch 170 easily and 180 is also possible,I am eagerly awaiting your results.
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mu suggestion would be to take any of these, both are excellent choice -

• Michelin XM2
    • Yokohama A Drive
    1 person likes this.
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    on weeekend i will be gng to the dealer to check,already i have informed him about the KMS,lets see.... finger crossed for price above atleast 1500 INR :D
  8. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    I have touched 185 in my PLC and they were rock solid. I could hear the sweet turbo whine and a engine grunt clearly, such was the silence offered by the tires. I would not have known the speed had I not looked at the odo.
    2 people like this.
  9. look at the tire thread depth before changing it,mine has 3 mm still after completing 40K kms, so i have another month or two before I need to change.
  10. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai

Royj, My humble advise. Pls avoid Yoko A drive at any cost. Its my experience and I am just waiting for the kilometres to rack up to jettison the stuff. PM me for further details. I was also stuck because my rim size is 14". I am even willing to sell my YOKO As which has run 16K for Rs.1500/- a tyre. Just an estimate I have mentioned that and more of disillusionment.

Abdul
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.