1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theblack

theblack Esperto

wow.. that's amazing..
    Why dont you call this guy..
    Jitu : 8123592317 (From hot tracks) .. I saw that they had Pirelli photos put up.. so may be they might have it .
  2. I called him, he is going call me back as he wasn't sure what he had in the store.
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    hey sat,
    being offtopic.
    i'm planning for these tires from goodyear gt3(still going good on stock then why not to opt again the same brand) with profile 205/65/R15,how does this sounds ?
  4. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  5. GT3 is still an option but exploring bit more ro see if i can get some thing better in terms of reduction in noise, i am not going to up size my car is already at GC of185 MM .

---------- Post added at 02:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

May be the thread pattern but there may be lot of difference in the rubber compound used.
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    My suggestion, Go for either of three below -
    Yoko - C Drive
    Yoko - AVS db
    Michelin Primary LC

All are tested and reputed tires.
    Going to Pirelli, must be careful, since these tyres are not sold more, the stock might be very old.
    1 person likes this.
  7. Very valid point Ravi sir, I will keep it in mind while going for tire hunt this weekend.

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

Found a online tire store in India!!

Tyres for FIAT LINEA Diesel :: Change My Tyre

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

1)Yoko C drives/AVS DB
    2) MRF ZLO
    3) Pirelli Cinurato p6
    4) Nexen N 2000
    5) Michelin Primacy LC

Now the economist in me will take front seat,I need to find the VFM tire in this.
  8. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

I disagree. I have experienced a LOT of tires and found Michelins to be the best in terms of BOTH wet and dry grip, and at BOTH low and high speeds. That to me is overall test of grip for a tire.
    Completely in agreement to this suggestion. It seems to be in order of expenditure as well! So as per your budget you can choose.

Save yourself some tension and do not read/believe the hearsay about soft sidewall and other BS. A lot depends on your driving style. I have seen people burst sidewalls in GT3/ER60 because they don't want to slow down on bad roads/potholes. So keep that in mind while deciding.
    2 people like this.
  9. Words of wisdom from a experienced pro!! i got the point.

---------- Post added at 10:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

Here is a clip on MRF ZLO

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.