1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
  2. I drive a lot in rainy season, as I keep going to places like Sringeri and Coorg,former for praying later for pleasure for wet grip is important to me.
    After reading a lot of posts decided against Yoko-S drives and Michelin as they are not great on cornering.I have nochoice of testing them as there is none available:-(.
    Many folks have complained the skid issues with Bridgestone upon hard breaking.One of the post was from TFI'en Abdul. Sam problem exists in ZVTS range of MRF.

---------- Post added at 01:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 PM ----------

This tire skids upon hard breaking, my close fried met an accident at speeds of 60 kmph .
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    That's a mighty thing to say Sat. :confused

I've pushed the A-drives on the Palio very hard when cornering and i couldn't get them to break loose unless i was doing close to 90-100 on a hard turn. And A-drives are just budget tires from Yoko, right?

Realistically speaking, our cars are just economical mid level cars. We won't be driving them on a race track where ten-tenths of a second matter. So, in my most humblest of opinions, any good quality tire will do the job equally well. Going too much into the matter is like splitting hairs.

Just my 2 cents!
    3 people like this.
  4. Hey Gurji, You are right but it is learning opportunity for me, I never know there are so many different types of tires in the market!!!
    I just want this thread to help some one to help deciding on his/her next tire replacement.

Reason I wrote that statement about yoko and Michelin was,man people complained about grip but otherwise very good tires. you may be surprised Yokohama C drives grip better then S drives but the product positioning says some thing else.

This exercise also made me aware that reputation alone can't be deciding factor,depending on what one is looking for there may be bad choices from even with companies like Yoko or Michelin.
    Looking at all pros and cons i might end up with GT3 again but still want to explore more.
    Just before i wrote this post I called one of tire dealer,He gave another choice Yoko AVS DB decibel series.
    Hope you don't mind:)
    -Sat
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This is known fact.
    On Yoko website, product positioning is about Sporty (High speed performance - stiff sidewall) vs Comfort.

But even I agree, for normal drivers like us, all decent tyres will perform well.
    1 person likes this.
  6. Folks any one know who sells Pirelli tires in Bangalore.

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

Found one but not in bangalore.
    Celite Tyre Limited

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

I spoke to Mr.Karthik Shop name is Tire empire Contact number is 9986040617.
    Quote for Perelli P6 is 6400 per tire.
  7. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    So are you finalizing Pirelli?
  8. It is a possibility, just need to see the tire once, from the reviews perspective yes.
    Choice is still between Yoko C drives,Pirelli P6 and MRF ZLO. I still don't know which one I would go for.
    I will update this thread with my purchase details.i would also welcome any suggestions.
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  9. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    For Yoko Tyres, this picture is pretty useful -

Product-Line.jpg
  10. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Hottracks,
    Michellin store on lalbagh road..

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

What profile ??
    If its the same 195/60/15 then i feel its quite steep

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

Also did you read this? Pirelli P6 | the Pirelli P6 reviewed and rated | the online tyre guide
    Reviews dont seem to be promising
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.