1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I hope very few of our fellow punters have tried the YOKOHAMA AVS Decibles (Ref: 195/60 R15).. I think its time for me to give a user review on these beautiful shoes...

YOKOHAMA AVS Decibles - 195/60 R15

I would like to give you a link to my existing post for the reference Pictures..
    http://www.teamfiat.co.in/after-mar...ve-ground-clearance-increase-r15-tyres-2.html

Its already 26K kms on my AVS YOKOs and its been a wonderful journey with these ultimate tyres i have been using them in all conditions.. not ever thought to mention the JIM Corbett Jungle trek on my punter.. on a rocky terrain with ease.. so you can now guess what i demand form my tyres.. frquent rush of adrenaline is what i usually go through in my every day drive... so going on 120s- 130s is normal and cornering on my daily aravali highway stretch from Faridabad - Gurgaon - Faridabad my office run is what my tyres deliver me.. I have been highly impressed with the comfort these tyres give... they are really as its TAG line says.. "A SILENT TYRE" ..... :rolleyes: ....

I have been regularly monitoring the groove depth and i think driven 26k the wear n tear felt 35% at max... on the centers and 50% on the cornering sides... and having said that i feel its commendable job done on YOKOs part..

I would soon put the current tyre condition pics on this post to make you feel the wear n tear in 26K drive AVS...

I mean talking so many things about the available options why not to try something new that can shut the competition.. I feel YOKOs have done a good job making these tyres a combination of
    1) Silent Tyre (TAG Line)
    2) Best Dry Performer
    and also very rare combination of duo
    3) Best Wet Performer
    4) Decent Life.

Costs little pricey on the verge of 5K ...
    2 people like this.
  2. As per this review site Gt3 is supposed offer better grip then Michelin Primacy LC
    Michelin Primacy LC | the Michelin Primacy LC reviewed and rated | the online tyre guide

Goodyear GT3 | the Goodyear GT3 reviewed and rated | the online tyre guide

Maxis Victra offer better dry grip but no so good wet grip but on par with Michelin Primacy LC .

I am more confused now:-(,just about 4 week back I drove my car on nice road at speeds of over 140 and touched 170 kmph some times while it was raining,but GT3 offered good grip even in wet condition.

bridgestone turenza seems to be better than potenza which is performance tyre.
    http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Bridgestone/Turanza-ER300.htm

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Bridgestone/Potenza-RE040.htm

Hancock seems to have more balance between dry and wet grip,I remember J Ravi sir saying road noise directly proportional to the grip offered.
    I think he is quite right in his statement.
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  3. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Sat,

Please check the below condition before checking any brand.

Don't compromise on Road Grip. Check which one has more grip in wet road. Check also which one give you better response in broken road/No road condition.
    I drove my Car from Hampi to Kiskindha through Gangawati last year, worstmost road I have ever seen in my life. 3 Km broken road I covered in 30 minutes with only 1st gear, and felt the grip of GT3.

Yes, GT3 has road noise but road grip is unmatchable. Check also Goodyear Eagle NCT, Bridgestone Potenza/Turanza, not sure about Continental CPC.

As Ravi Ji mentioned Road noise are directly proportional to Grip offered, please check the same with other brand also.
    2 people like this.
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Check Yoko C-Drive.
  5. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    In case of my Linea, GT3 will replace GT3 after Ooty trip.:) The only moot question is, whether to change them in Bangalore or Chandigarh.:) I believe in the saying: the known devil is better than the unknown angel!;)
    4 people like this.
  6. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Exactly Ravi sir, I'm toying the same idea even after the noise it produces because the grip is amazing.
    1 person likes this.
  7. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Fully agree Ravi sir. I am struggling with the Yokohama A drives. Many wouldnt agree with me but I have to say that the A drive grips well only when I brake hard and screech it a few times on the highway. After doing that the tyre bites well. Obviously it shows that the compound is not heating up with normal running. This leads me to believe that Fiat has done the homework on the tyres quite well.

Abdul
    1 person likes this.
  8. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    I like the noise of GT3 with Punto ride quality, as the road grip are just awesome. I feel like I am in Volvo Bus ;).
  9. C-dries and turenza seems to be having good grip.

---------- Post added at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 AM ----------

One realization is, people tend to reduce road noise by compromising on the grip, it is evident when i searched the topics in various forums like Team BHP.
  10. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Sat, why dont you try Maxxis.. You saw the other day that the sidewalls were indeed tough.. Almost as good as GT-3?
    V pattern gives you more grip in wet as well.. Also i just checked out the thread depth and it is a whopping 8.5mm.. I was surprised myself
    So my guess is that this might last at least 40k , In our city conditions
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.