1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Believe you are changing the rims as well. The recommended size on 15" rims is 195/60. Try not to reduce the profile from the standard as it will result in reducing the ground clearance.
    Changes to mileage will be negligible.
  2. zoombiee

zoombiee

Bangalore
    That depends on what you want from your tyres?
    You want better looks - Go for 15" with lower sidewall size
    You want better grip/performance - Go for wider tyres

The tyres you have know are perfectly suited for comfort. If comfort is what you are looking for 185/70/14 should be perfect.
    Regarding 205, you will need to check if there is sufficient space between the tyre and the wheel assembly.
  3. Nimish antony

Nimish antony Regolare

Kochi
    205 will go comfortably.. I run on 215 so i dont think it will be an issue
  4. thanujj

thanujj Timido

kannur
    @royj from where can i source hub centric ring and how much will it cost?heared that vignesh made it cheap?im from calicut...from where can i source nankang or maxxis? how about u ppls opinion on buying kumho ecsta ku 31 ,195/55/r15 for 4k per piece..
    Tyres for Kumho ยป ECSTA SPT KU 31 (Tubeless) :: Change My Tyre

is there any kumho distributor in kochin or anything available less than 4k cos as a student my budget is 34k including alloys daily run will be max 25 kms
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
  5. mahesh.bandel

mahesh.bandel Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I don't think there would be any problem. Only thing that will effect is the ride, 55 profile might give you a bit stiffer ride. I have 205/55/15's on my GP 1.3 MJD EPK and they just run fine with ample tyre noise though!
  6. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    I went against the tide and installed 14" alloys with 185/70 R14 tyres. What you get in the process is great ride quality and very acceptable handling.
    1 person likes this.
  7. manojnambiar

manojnambiar Novizio

Bangalore
    @royj..wat abt installing 195/60R14,,..?..,thinking of putting XM2 ..looking for bit wider for a better drive n less noise...or shud i stick to 185/60R14....?
  8. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    You can get it made from a lathe or you can buy it from where I did, i.e., hub centric rings dot com

I need to change my tyres in a few months and my choices are 185/70 R14 or 195/70 R14. 195/60 and 185/60 R14 will be too small in diameter for my comfort. You can see the comparison of these tyre profiles with the stock 195/60 R15 in the image below.

tyresize.jpg
  9. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    My car runs on, '195/70 R14 YOKOHAMA ADRIVE' fitted on after matket HRS 486 alloys.
    Great ride quality(obvious due to higher profile),some road noise on not so smooth surface,good on wet road(not the best).Done 13200+km till date without any problem.
    Max speed driven 160kmph.Cannot comment on steering heaviness because I changed the tyres on the day of delivery and I am more than satisfied.

P1060227.jpg
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  10. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    ok guys finally decided to choose the profile .. here are a few ones.. let me know which one would be best.

stock tyre : 175/75 R14
    upgrade options:
    205/60R15
    205/55R16
    215/50R16

All 3 are within 2.5% of my stock size..
    My concerns..
    1.) should not touch side wells at full steering lock
    2.) Ride should not be too bumpy (if at all it does get there)

That's about it

---------- Post added at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 PM ----------

I'm going to 16" only because I found a really good alloy in 16" (98+100PCD) that suits my requirement.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.