1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    I ran OE JK Tyre for about 500kms..before I changed...

Avg mielage nos were almost the same..
  2. pradhanbv

pradhanbv

Bangalore
    Thanks Puntosat.

Are there any major problems with stock JK tyre?
  3. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    No..nothing major ..but few not so good ones according to me:
    1.Smaller profile..does not look good..Punto definitely looks hotter..bigger the tyres..

(Once I spotted a 16 inch...215 profile BNW Punto near MG road and tailed it for about 2kms only to find it driven by a mid-20's girl...WOW!!..to date this is the most beautiful/hot Punto I have seen..excluding driver in calculating the hotness quotient :))
    2.JK tyres ware out quickly..
    3.185 tyres are more grippy & perform better in corners and also aids stability..

Only downside I think (minor) is acceleration from idle takes slightly more time..my personal opinion...
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  4. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    The stock 165/80 R14 tyres are really crap. They have poor grip, they are bouncy and make a lot of noise. I have already purchased 14" allloys and 185/70 R14 MRF ZLO tyres. I will get them installed once my hub-centric rings arrive. In the meanwhile, I am trying to master the art called patience. :roll:
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  5. mayank

mayank Amatore

@puntostat:- ya you are correct..i have also got 195/60/r15 wheels with alloys and acceleration from idle does take more time than it takes in stock ones..and that is why i guess there is a slight decrease in mileage as well when one is using bigger tyres..because big wheels require more power to accelerate..but still in the end it is very much negligible and shouldn't be a point to concern about
  6. pradhanbv

pradhanbv

Bangalore
    Well, how much you neglect is subjective, so how much exactly did it drop?
  7. MrBig

MrBig

Bangalore
    Changed to Michelin Primacy LC this weekend. The tyres are great when compared to the OEM GoodYear GTIII.

Thanks to Nikhil from Madhu's Tyre Shop for this valuable suggestions. Would certainly recommend them.
  8. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Do share those valuable suggestions with us! :)
  9. Potenza GIII is more of performance tyre,its good when young,but extremely bad when old.I had gIII for the first 34k in my 2008 swift,it used to have lot of punctures,people who drive in kolkata know the reason.Even though the tyre had extremely good dry braking,and avg wet braking,given a choice I wouldnt go for it
  10. thanujj

thanujj Timido

kannur
    opinion on upgrading to 195/55/R15 FOR punto 1.4 petrol.is there any problem because im getting it cheapkumho ecsta ku 31.like 16k for 4pcs.right now im on175/70/r14..heared that if i go for 205 thr ll be further reduction in mileage?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.