1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yes, the PLC will be very good. Way ahead when compared to XM1+. Alternatively, you can also try the XM2. Heard some really good feedbacks from my friends.
  2. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

3. dinesh.90hp

dinesh.90hp

Ludhiana
    Go for Michelin Primacy LC or Pirelli Cinturato 1/6
  4. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    Has anyone done or planned to do a tire upgrade of Linea to the TJet Spec - 205/55/R16 and also Suspension upgrade ?
    I am ineterested to do the same as I like the new alloys and bigger tires.
    I think 2012 MJD emotion is also coming with 205/55/R16 does it mean old MJD can be upgraded to the same spec after doing only the suspension kit upgrade ?
    Is there any change in dimension of the wheel housing of the 2012 Linea compare to the old one ?
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2012
  5. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    @SoumenPaul, there is no such thing as increased wheel housing n all.
    If you wish to put FIAT's OEM 16" rims(which can be seen on Tjet & on 2012 emotion models.) you can directly go for it without any modification or without suspension kid upgread.
    On you current car you can put those 16" rims or any other aftermarket rim having PCD 98-100.
    If you are willing to put on 16" you have to upgread your tyre size from 195/60 R15(this is your current tyre size) to 205/55 R16(this tyre size is needed for 16" rims.)
    1 person likes this.
  6. mindgrinder

mindgrinder Novizio

Delhi
    how would it affect the car in terms of handling and meter reading?
  7. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    I calculated meter reading will show less speed than actual (2% error).
  8. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
  9. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    Guys to be frank odo will show a bit of a difference but bo we really care??? I mean come on, in what way those 2% going to cost you?
    Odo will read slight low(2-4 kmph difference.) & efficiency shown by MID & real time FE will have hardly 0.5-1kmpl of difference.
    Where as you will have bit of more improvement in handeling + looks gonna add more spice to it.
    If you can do this upgread trust me don't have a second thought & just go for it(off-course if you have enough vitamin'M' to play around then only.).
    I have driven our member Aniket's Punto with 17" alloys(215/45 R17). And let me tell you it feels amazing(atleast to me. *subjective matter of choice*) Cornering is more fun, handeling is astonishing!
    Only difference you'll feel is steering is little bit heavy at 17" alloys when car is at rest. Also ride feels very slightly bumpy or i should say ruff. But that can be taken care with good set of tyres. And hell yeh those 17" alloys are real eye candy!!

Matter of fact its all about youe choice. This whole thing is like Ice-cream. Upgreaded shoes are like topings on Ice-cream.
    With ice-cream you have fun but ice-cream with topings is a treat for yourself!
    So the bottom line is, its all about your choice if you have vitamin'M' & you want to treat yourself then give it a shot. This Upgread won't harm in any possible way.
    Cheers!
    1 person likes this.
  10. pradhanbv

pradhanbv

Bangalore
    Hi All,
    I am planning to upgrade the Punto Dynamic MJD stock tyres (165/80R14) to 185/70R14.
    Anybody who has found the difference in FE after a similar upgrade?

Thanks
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.