1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

There are a couple of TFI's who have up sized the tire to 215/45/R17..
    not sure which brand of tires.. so far non have complained.
    as the profile comes down.. ride will become a bit stiff..need to be more careful on the road condition and adjust driving style.

but 205/55 won't have any problems..
  2. MrBig

MrBig

Bangalore
    Thanks thomman85

I am not planning to change the Wheels/Alloys. Just a tyre upsize. I am wondering if 205/55 R15 will affect the suspension of the Punto.
  3. MrBig

MrBig

Bangalore
    Thanks cvanandh.Read your link it was very informative.
    I did consider the 195/65 R15, but was worried my Odo would go crazy. I did the calculation in this website - Siremull Hirachand's Tyrestore - A Generation ahead in Tyre Service - Tyres

What are your thoughts
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2012
  4. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi,

You can also consider Yokohama S-Drive or the Bridgestone B250. Check out Bridgestone Potenza as well.
    My suggestion would be to go for Bridgestone. I have heard many good things about B250.

Cheers
  5. The odo error is very minor, So no worries. My linea has now done 16k with it.
  6. MrBig

MrBig

Bangalore
    Thanks for your suggestions.

I did consider the S-Drive. But was worried about the noise levels. Any feedback on this??
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I think Puntom from Blr has upsized to 205/R15 . I think its yokohama.
    (Remember seeing it at our Blr-chennai meet) . perhaps you can PM him and get more details.
    B250 is what I got as stock for my punto. I've done 31000 with it and it looks like it can still go another 31000.
    The grip is good and the wet and dry performance is also nice.
    There is a fair bit of road noise you will hear with B250 , so its not one of the quiet sorts...

But B250 is very old make
    Try Potenza G3, I've heard its really really good.
  8. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Go for C-Drives in 195/60 R15. Ride will become a bit bumpy with the 205/55 tyres. Avoid the CPC2 and B250
    Primacy LC will be one costly tyre :D
  9. MrBig

MrBig

Bangalore
    Thanks for the inputs.

I had used Michelin XM1+ in my Tata Indica and they made a good difference. So i am expecting the Primacy too also make a big difference over the Good Year GIII
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.