1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arian

arian Amatore

Mumbai
    Not sure which one to vote for. Had 2 tire changes till now
    1) From stock to 205/55/R15 - very stiff ride, hard steering with high feedback, exceptional handling (160 + on sweeping curves), good braking, high tire noise (as the tyres were sporty with V pattern), cautious approach to craters & speed beakers (though this is manageable), sexy looks
    2) 205/55/R15 to 195/60/R15 - The first major change I notice is the lightness of the steering wheel (having run on 205/55s for 35000 kms), the ride quality is plush again & not as harsh as it was, GC is still a concern though.

So in short I upsized but came back to the original size after the initial euphoria of "low profile wide tyre" looks went down. Think the manufactured recommended 195/60/15 is the ideal compromise between ride, handling, comfort & looks. Just change the tyres - a Michelin / Yoko can do wonders.
  2. Hi Arian, I agree with your observation that manufacturer recommended 195/60 R15 are the best, Suggest you try the new MRF ZLO tyres. They are really good. Its a good blend of grip, speed, less noise and a good compound in the tyre. Too early to say about longevity of it though. Cheers. Happy and safe driving.
  3. shamimsame

shamimsame

Please tell me whether the upsize make any difference in steering hardness. Also z there any chance for the tyre to touch the wheel arch, from your experience
  4. shamimsame

shamimsame

The members who use 195 65 R15 michelin please tell me the most suited tyre pressure for it
  5. binoyn

binoyn Guest

Tyre upgrade for 2012 linea mjd active

hello team

i want to upgrade my stock tyres( 195/60R15) of linea 2012 mjd..Kindly suggest the best tyre upsize keeping the same rim size(15 inch)
  6. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2012
  7. binoyn

binoyn Guest

the emotion variant comes with 205/55R16 on 16 inch alloys. can i upgrade my activ's tyres to this size by changing to 16inch alloys?
  8. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    If yours is 2012 think all chassis should be same and can be modified for 16 inch wheels.
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2012
  9. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Has anyone tried 205\60\R15 on a Linea?
    Does it foul with the wheel well under load?
  10. MrBig

MrBig

Bangalore
    Hi All

I have a 2011 Punto 90HP. The car came with GoodYear GT3 tyres. The tyres have completed 40,000 Kms and are worn out.

I have shortlisted the following three brands/models (Size 195/60 R15).
    1. Continental CPC2
    2. Yokohama C -Drive (or) db Decibel
    3. Michelin Primacy LC

Has anybody have any experiences with the above brands/models?

Also has anybody with a 90HP up-sized the tires. One dealer told me that up-sizing to 205/55 R15 would make the ride harsh and also damage the suspension. Is this true?

Your thoughts are welcome.

Regards
    MrBig
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.