1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A-drives are hard rubber compound,might be noisy.

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 AM ----------

How is the breaking and road noise with ZLO? I though side walls are a bit harder then yoko C-drives.
  2. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    noise levels are on the higher side.
  3. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

has any one tried the nexen,maxis or federal tires..?
  4. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    I was running with 185/70 R14 A-drives from 6500 km to 36700 km in my Punto. Very grippy. A bit of noise is there. Cost should be around 4k per tyre now.
    Now im running with 195/70 r14 XM1+. Silent!!!. No noise. But not as grippy as A-drives. Most expensive. Squeals in my parking lot when taking curves fast. A-drives never squealed
    Turenza is also good. Priced in between A-drives and XM1+. A-drives will be better than Acceleres any day.
  5. kvk

kvk Amatore

Bangalore
    Please vote ONLY if you have upgraded the tires.
  6. mahesh.bandel

mahesh.bandel Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Upgraded to Yokohama ES100s, 205/60/R15 & mine my car looks a beauty with those footwear!
  7. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Dude you missed out an option - 205/55/R16. I mistakenly selected the R15 option!
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  8. kvk

kvk Amatore

Bangalore
    Not sure if I have the privilege to modify the poll option

Mods: can you pls add 205/55/R16 as one more option to the poll

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 AM ----------

Do you see any improvement in the GC. How is the handling? Do you see any loss in pickup? Does the tyre touch the arch when fully turned or fully loaded?
    Thanks in advance
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  9. Upgraded to Michelin Primacy LC 195/65 R15s. Road noise is virtually non existent and ride quality has improved noticeably :)
  10. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Upgraded to Michelin Primacy LC 205/55/16 on my Tejt+. Awesome tires, super silent and excellent grip. Needless to mention, best possible ride quality too!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.