1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    One of my friends is repacing his factory fitted JK tyres (worn out at 23k kms in 1 year) with MICHELLIN 185 70 R14. His is MJD Emotion.
    What would be the best tyre pressure for this profile?
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2011
  2. I saw this when i was looking out for 195/60 tyre for my friends swift dezire. MRF dealer in JC road was quoting Rs 4700/- per tyre,where as Yoko C drives was 4450 in shivshkti tryes.
    We went for Yoko finally as I felt side wllas were little harder than yoko, my friend wanted ride comfort so a little softer side walls adds to ride comfort.
    As your tyre is the first line of defense against shocks experienced by car.
  3. Satyajit

Satyajit

Mumbai
    Having the same dilemma as you, Nishant. I think under inflation causes her to drag just a big. 36/33 works fine, but then the ride gets a little too stiff... haven't tried 35/52, will see.
  4. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Won't 52 in the rear upsize and lopside your car?

On a serious note, I got 35/32 yesterday and it seems well balanced at this. My car mostly has just 2 front passengers so this seems perfect as of now. Maybe I'll try 34/31 as well to reconfirm.

But if your car has rear passengers, I suggest 36/33 is better.
  5. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Running 40 on all 4 17"s, so guyz all those using 17"s whats the tyre pressure u run
  6. Planning to budget upsize my Dynamic's 165 tires to something slightly wider, preserving the steel rims.
    What are the best options? Would a 195 with the right profile fit comfortably the current steel rim? Or should I go for a 185 or even 175? Which brands are advised?
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  7. vilas iyer

vilas iyer Novizio

Gurgaon
    best size on rims is 185 70 R14 . I have them on my ride . steering feels a bit heavy but u'll get used to it . U can go for bridgestone potenza GIII or tuarenza ER 60 .
  8. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    You can try Michelin XM1+, Yokohama A-drives or Turanza ER 60 in 185/70 R14. Avoid the G3, its too noisy and a dated design
    Michelin will be the most expensive but most silent. A-drives will be the cheapest.
  9. sajuu02

sajuu02 Timido

Cochin
    Tyre upsizing

You Can use Either Michelin or MRF ZLO 185/70 R14.. Nw i ahd covered more than 7000 km with the MRF ZLO Tyre.. No Probs Yet
  10. Thanks Vilas, Soccerfan & sajuu. Have you considered Appollo Accelere as well? I am thinking of that too, if it is cheaper than other brands. How much will be A-drives?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.