1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    A few queries:
    - which colour have you booked
    - what is the month of manufacture of the vehicle

This month there are very attractive schemes so ideally you should take the delivery this month itself as it will save you a lot. As far as I know almost all colours are readily available with Fiat with May 2011 manufacturing
  2. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    For the TJet, please avoid comfort oreinted tyres. Tolerate a bit of noise for the extra grip, performance tyres will give you :).
  3. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    I have booked Hip Hop Black. The dealer has ordered the car today and it will take 7-10 days to reach him. I will be able to check the month of manufacture only when the car reaches the stock yard.

Yes, I'm planning to take delivery (or at least invoice the car) by this month end as the current slew of offers / discounts is applicable till Sep 30. Because of shraddh, I cannot take delivery for the next 15 days.

Is FIAT rolling out TJets later than May '11 date?
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
  4. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    currently black color available is May manufactured. I had a chance to see the stock list and hence confirming the same
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I don't believe this. If the dealer has placed the order, they should have got the VIN immediately. No need to wait till the car arrives the stock yard.
  6. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    So is that going to be a negative point? What's the accepted manufacturing date if I'm taking delivery in Sep end?
  7. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    not exactly a negative point but yes when u r paying so much then one does prefer the latest manufacturing date and it can be 1 month or 2 old depending upon the state. at times cars with even the latest dates are found in not the most pristine conditions
  8. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    You should do a very thorough PDI if its a May manufactured vehicle. As ramjn mentioned, you should have the VIN number with you before the car arrives at the stockyard
  9. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Thanks for your inputs guys. I did not know that VIN number is immediately available when the order is placed. I will check with the dealer (Concorde Motors, Prabhadevi) tomorrow itself.
  10. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    So here are the tyre options:

What's the best option in 205/55/16? Priority order is
    Comfort>Grip (incl. wet braking)>Low road noise

1. Michelin Primacy LC - Rs 8950 per tyre
    2. Bridgestone Turanza ER60 - Rs 8100 per tyre
    3. Bridgestone Potenza GIII - forgot to ask the price :eek:

Buy back of Goodyear NCT5 - Rs 5500 per tyre.

Any other *comparable* brand that I'm missing out on?
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.