1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai

M fine bro
    40 looks good but too stiff ride . .. . . nyc alloys bling bling stuff

n wat means wobbly bolts
  2. omzworld

omzworld

Team, I am just going to receive my.emotion in 3 4 days. Now completely confused about Tue upgrade. Getting a new one straight away will be v difficult. But if people in forum have anew opinion that Tyre upgrade id a must I might go for a cheaper option. May be 10k + exchange price off my existing tyres.
    Is it possible to get almost new E Pk tyres and alloys for about 20k. and by exchanging my tues get back 10?
    Any other suggestions considering I would like out go to be minimum
  3. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Well, I would not agree to that.I have had Michelin XM1+ on my Getz for the last 42,000 kms. I can literally count only 5 punctures till date. I live in Mumbai - the city of potholes and have driven more than 10,000 kms on these tires across South India (mostly KA etc).
  4. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    I have recently booked a Linea TJet Plus and delivery is probably next month. In all probability, I'm going to change the stock tyres. Having used Michelins on my other car, I'm keen to get this brand. Now, in 205/55/16, we have Michelin Primacy HP.

Can anyone tell me the price per tire and also, how much buy back can I expect from the stock tires (which AFAIK are Goodyear NCT5)?

Apart from Mich, what other brands are you guys running? I'm quite averse to MRF, JK and Bridgestone. SO I guess that leaves me with Yoko (S Drives?) and Conti (are they 'officially' available in Mumbai?)
  5. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    U can get 205/55/16 in michelin Primacy LC, if u want comfort and a silent tire look no further than primacy LC, incase u like stiffer sidewall/more grip/lots of road noise then you can look at yokohama A drive R1.

But overall if u see the primacy LC is superior and is also better than the HP

the LC would cost around 6.5 - 7.5k
    and HP might just be a tad cheaper
  6. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Thanks for the quick revert. I didn't know Primacy LC and HP co-existed! Any idea about the buy-back price of the NCT5?
  7. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    all four would fetch anywhere between 10-12k at the least, rest more the merrier
  8. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    THAT low?? IIRC, my tire shop guy mentioned that if stock tires are run less than 100 kms, they buy them at Rs 200-300 less than the actual MRP. Any idea about the the price of a new NCT5?
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2011
  9. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    well its simple enough then just ask the MRP.
  10. Anyone has any idea of Interstate tyres or does anyone have it on their ride?? If so kindly provide reviews as to how it is.

http://www.interstate-tires.com/content/12/test_results.html

I have gone through their website and also the test results and performance is good, if not better than branded ones.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.