1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheDrifter

TheDrifter Amatore

Hyderabad
    @Guru I been told 205/55 is the best choice for Punto 90 which is healthy for stability,Performance, increases cornering ability and best bet is Breaking on High speeds which helps attain perfect breaking with this tyres, if i had to go the size you saying(205/65) that it increases bouncy ride itseems. So far i didnt face any issues with 205/55. I been through potholes but i didn't felt much impact. Can you explain what issue you facing?
  2. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Avoid G3s. They are very noisy. Get yoko A-drives, Michelin XM1+ , Conti CPC2 or Bridgestone Turenza ER 60. Yoko will be the cheapest and Michelin would be most expensive.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I second soccerfan. Avoid GIII

Personally, i've had a below par experience with them.

If looking at the budget end of the spectrum, then Yoko A drive is sheer VFM. We have them on our Palio D and they are excellent. Do not be afraid to drive them over rough roads.

Gurjinder.
  4. vks

vks

Bangalore
    Hmm.. let me look at availability at Pune & decide. I want to finish it on Saturday! (let me revise: Must change 2, higher GC, Noise reduction, etc etc!! :evilsmile)

;) budget is not very important now since half my original plan has been saved, :p thanks Ravi, Royj, phew, soccerfan, gurjinder..!! 3 cheers to TFI!
    :clapping

Friends from Pune, any shops you recommend?
  5. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    I have Yoko C-Drives 195/65 R15 on my ride and they are awesome for Punto. Even Aneesh drives the same combination in his 90HP. I decided to go for these after seeing the grip and stability on ghats during our chail trip.

Each costed me 4500 INR.
  6. I have booked a Punto 1.2 E and am getting delivery in few days.. i am looking for a good set of alloys... i have found some but i am unable to decide what is the correct size that is compatible with stock tires(165/80 r14)... I am getting 5.5J and 6J... are both of them recommended with stock tires and what is the rim size of the steel wheel? I tried looking at the brochures but in vain... it is not mentioned... Plz help?
  7. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Congrats on your choice. If you are going for alloys along with the delivery, may I suggest a tyre upgrade to 185/70 R14.
    Please go through these two threads for more information.
  8. vks

vks

Bangalore
    Thanks everyone, I got new shoes today for my FGP - 185/70 R14 - Yoko A drive, each 3850/- from Wanawadi, Pune.

Hitting the roads to Kochi via Blr, CBE tomorrow morning!
  9. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    Hi All,

I have Punto Emotion MjD (not E+) wanted to know what is the max upsize can be done on steel rims? 195 or 205

Note: Rim size is 14''. Is 195 or 205 avail in 14''
  10. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    In Punto steel rims max you can go is 185. 195 will bulge out. You will need alloys to change to 195/205
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.