1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  2. magnan

magnan Amatore

Jaipur, Rajasthan
    After running stock GoodYear DuraPlus on steel rims for 52000 kms, I upgraded to Punto 15" alloys and Yoko Earth 1, 185x65xR15.
    FE is down by 2 km/l but comfort has improved. A car vaccume cleaner was a free gift with tyres.
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    How are Yoko Earth tires ? Any Reviews .i already have 205/65/15 profile tires of Avs Db .Need to replace another 2 tires.Earth also will be of same profile 205/65/r15.
  4. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    @ hocuspocus: If you want a very long life then you would have to go for some hard compound tyres. 50,000 kms is a little too much to ask out of a tyre, even if they do have tread life left they would generally be past their prime. If you want a mix of all features, the bridgestone regular tyres would do the job and would be cheaper than the Michelin's.

I fill up between 30 to 32 on my Michelin Primacy 3st's.

@ Ganges: You should go with AVS db for the other two tyres as they are supposed to be silent tyres and if you put a tyre is noisier it would negate the silence of the AVSdb. Just my thought. And I think they are better tyres than earth series, which I assume are just budget tyres for the indian market.
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @5u3zEr0
    At my place if I want to get Avs db I have to wait for another 4 days. The old tires are at scary condition and have to travel tomorw 900 km drive with rains all over .I thought Earth is the nearest tire to avs db.How about A drives better than earth?
  6. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Earth is newer tyre and better than A-Drive. You can take it. This is developed specially for Indian road condition.
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks Ravi. Today I will buy it.
  8. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.