1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: Replacement of stock TYRES for the PUNTO

Hmm.. Amogh am still thinking what to get now.... I'd be happy to get them replaced for a new one provided i get a gd price for my old tyres as am not very keen in shelling out money on the tyres...
  2. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai

How many kms have you already run till now? 15,000?
    Wait till 30,000 kms & change. GT3 might be noisy but the Road grip is very good.
    BTW, don't you play music when you drive ? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    1 person likes this.
  3. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3

Yes VP even i think the same.. Thinking of running it for another 20k kms and then go for a change... Infact these days during the rains the noise is more evident..

BTW i can get the noise only when i dont listen to music.. Most of the time on my return home late night i dont put on the music buddy... On the phone most of the time:)
  4. Re: Replacement of stock TYRES for the PUNTO

Makes more sense, you have lived with this noise for sometime, i guess few more months wouldn't harm.
  5. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3

yup am sure it would trouble me for few more months:) by that time may find better tyres too than Micheline at a cheaper cost...
  6. Re: Replacement of stock TYRES for the PUNTO

Andy ...

Do one thing ... I can advise you a person who did my tyre work
    GT3 he is only person who can quote you best (IMO)
    Also, Michelin's Primacy LC is topnotch but Compared to YOK C drive they Wear out
    I will Advise you to go in for Cdrive i think they are performance tyre and NO NOISE , EXCELLENT In WET Condition
    also they are new and costs less compared to Primacy LC

If you are interested lemme know ...

Cheers
    TND
  7. Re: Replacement of stock TYRES for the PUNTO

HAHAHA... :mrgreen:
  8. Has anyone replaced the stock Linea tyres. Linea comes with 195/60/R15 Goodyear GT3 tyres.

Though the grip is decent, the tyre is very very noisy.
    On cement roads, they are the loudest and on normal tar roads they are louder.

I missed changing them immediately on purchase as i had no idea about tyres then and was ok with the stock ones.
    Upon realisation, it was too late and the stock tyre value was zero.

Have reached 20,000 kms on the stock and still have another 20,000 kms life left on the tyres. Doesnt make any sense to change them keeping in mind the money factor.

Personally i have zeroed in on Continental CPC2 which has good grip on wet roads, good comfort and excellent on performance front.

Those who have changed the stock ones, please report your reviews here for the benefit of other Linea owners.
  9. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Re: Replacement of stock tyres (goodyear GT3) for Linea

Nope, Haven't changed nor thought about it as almost 90% of time Music is ON.

Though of late, I'm feeling the noise level has increased.
  10. Re: Replacement of stock tyres (goodyear GT3) for Linea

The noise level has increased (bad to worse) after 15k kms.
    These days i hear humming noise on highways. Checked the ball bearings etc but later found the culprit is the GY GT3 tyres.

I am mitigating the tyre noise with full time music, sometimes even listening to unwanted stuff on the radio. :sadblue
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.