1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raavs

raavs Timido

Visakhapatnam
    Guys...

Need advise on changing tyres of my punto (around 30k old)..as i have been reading that every 30k tyres needs to be changed. Decided to go for new ones.

Advice to which tyres i have to go for....195/60R15 88V

Raavs..
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Have a look at http://www.teamfiat.co.in/tyres-alloys/8298-tyre-upgrade-discussion.html thread, you should get all your query answered.

What is size of 2012 Emotion, it should be either 175/70 or 165/80 on R4.

If money is not a constraint, buy new model 15" alloy (check new alloy design - http://www.teamfiat.co.in/ownership-reviews-punto/12629-punto-evo-2014-test-drive-review.html) and put 195/60 tyres.
    Or you can buy 15" steel rims (~Rs 1000) and put 195/60 tyres.

Else (and my favourite recommendation) - put 185/70 size tyres on existing 14" steel rims.
  3. Lakhwinder

Lakhwinder

Mansa
    Can i put 185/75R14 or any other size which is best on my punto active 2011 in place of 185/70R14 ZLO ..............pls suggest
  4. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Stick to 185/70 R14 tyres, the speedo error will increase by 3%. Instead opt for a better quality rubber in the same size.
  5. Vikrant Joshi

Vikrant Joshi Regolare

Pune
    I am also in same dilemma. Also would like to know is there any difference in ground clearance if I upgrade from stock 165 tyres to 185/195?.

Sent from my iris504Q using Tapatalk
  6. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
  7. raavs

raavs Timido

Visakhapatnam
    I already have 15inch alloys...i don want to upgrade my tyres..as tehy are 195/60R15...i jus need to change the tyres as i hav clocked 30K.
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Depends what you are looking from your tyre and your preference.

For comfort - buy Michelin P3ST or XM2 or Yoko AVS dB series.
    Or buy Bridgetome MY02, Yoko C-Drive or Apollo Alanac 4G - overall good tyres.
    Some budget tyres like Yoko Earth or A-Drive are also good choice.
  9. nehamit

nehamit Timido

Ahmedabad
    So, it is now 2000+ kilometers with this new tires and I must say, extremely happy with the performance. The wet and dry handling is simply superb and road grip, braking etc. is just perfect. No more noise also.
    Ravi likes this.
  10. hocuspocus

hocuspocus Novizio

Gurgaon, Haryana
    I've gone through the entire thread and have few points to ponder:

1. How much did the stock rubber last? Pls share your OEM brand, size and driving conditions: city or highway/long drives.

2. I guess someone did ask about the tyre pressure in the thread? Would like to ask the same? company says 33 under normal conditions. 34 in case of heavy load.

3. Does the directional or asymmterical tires makes a difference......NO ! For more, read below:

http://www.barrystiretech.com/directionalandasymmetricaltires.html

4. I'm planning to upgrade my tyres as well to 205/60/R15. Was researching on the price, and a ceat dealer quoted 4500 for 195/60/R15. He said that it would last 50-60K but i'm skeptical. Brands i've in mind are Michelin & Bridgestone, maybe Yokohama.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.