1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Thats a nice piece of information. do we have such data for Michelin PLCs?
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Then why not buy Acelere for Rs. 1000 less than P3ST? ;)
  3. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @vj_v1, when i bought the same Earth 1 tyres in May this year I was quoted a price of 5300/-. I am using the tyres for almost over 3 months now. In fact I did a 1200 km run the very next day after fitting the new tyres. Grip level is good almost at par with the GT3. Noise level is nil in comparison with GT3. Wet grip is also good but GT3 was better. Only one complaint though, too much grooves and small stones get trapped (too many) easily.

But Yokohama Earth 1 site does not show 195/65 in the 15" rather it shows only 205/65:shock::shocked
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  4. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
  5. I have decided on the brand. It is going to be Apollo acelere. Now I am confused with the size. Should I stick to 195/60 or up a little to 195/65 or go wider with 205/60.

with 195/65 not much load to the engine and will increase the GC a bit (10mm). With 205 /60 Extra load to engine, Hard Steering, very little (6mm) increase in GC and more grip. Any other Pro/Con going for 195/65 or 205/60? Should extended warranty for suspension related parts get affected because upgrade ?
    1 person likes this.
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I would recommend to stick with the stock 195/60 itself. Punto has enough GC and you don't have to increase it further.

If you are not aware, I am now running on second set of Acelere's. And my next set would also be Acelere. :)
  7. Linear

Linear Amatore

Thane
    ^^+1. However, if you want to upgrade, it would be 195/65. 205's will just rob the car of power.
  8. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad

Srida - We both are on the same boat but let me tell you what i feel. You will feel that you make a bad decision again if you go with the Accelere's, you will just not be able to digest the harsh ride quality with the Accelere after using the far far softer ZLO.

I was riding in a Punto with Accelere's on recently and the ride quality is very harsh given that i am used to the ZLO's ride quality now. I realized at that time that i will not be able to go back to the Accelere again. I suggest you test drive a car with accelere's before finalizing.

VJ
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Wider tyres will enhance looks (subjective opinion) and offer lots of benefits at higher speed. There will be issues to turn full steering at slow speeds. But what you can do is try used tyres for front from some tyre shop to get a general idea (though not accurate). Engine load is not an issue at all, just the speedometer error. 205 also will increase tyre load rating which is a major plus when going full capacity with luggage at higher speed.

For most practical purposes 195/65 should be enough. Both have varying benefits and dis-benefits.
  10. My main reason for choosing P3ST was to reduce tyre noise and Aceleres are very noisy tires, I have MJD, Diesel engines are already noisy at least its in my hand to reduce noise from where I can. Plus P3st are comfortable than Aceleres. So if one can afford, michelin seems better choice else aceleres are good tyres too no doubt ::T.
    My last post was to clear the doubt which member have regarding soft sidewall of michelin P3st.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Bro, You can read these info on side wall of tyre itself. You will find this info on every tyre except Yoko AVS DB 550. I dont know why they haven't mentioned this important info on tyre.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.