1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tjetter

tjetter Timido

Pune
    My tjet Active runs on Onyx 15 incher alloys shod with 195/60 Goodyear F1 GSD3...lemme se if I can post some pics of the same
    Sent from my RM-846_im_india_233 using Tapatalk
  2. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    ^^ Tjetter, those must be the one's with the aggressive V pattern, they look swell and are grippy too. But they can be really noisy!
  3. tjetter

tjetter Timido

Pune
    Yup they do look swell and as for noise Ill not complain cause its on fiat where sound deadning is awesome......for those outside waiting to get overtaken know something with gr8 rush is heading their way....and give way they do.This is specially on concertized roads of Pune Mum expressway.Else on normal tarmac these tyres are just as silent as any of the asymmetric ones.
    Sent from my RM-846_im_india_233 using Tapatalk
  4. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    I opted for falken sincera SN 835 on recommendations of fellow members and many tire shops,,, oh boy after driving for 5000 kms on almost all kinds of roads and places with no roads (under construction places in Pune), I must admit they are amazing... provides really good cornering, are super silent and pretty confident inspiring grip on wet surfaces. I have done 80-100kmphon wet roads and they grip like anything. Overall for the kind of price I paid for each tire I am fully satisfied as I could not have got a better deal.

Total dent was 20k for four tires with195/60 R15 and theyare handking linea well...

Question about life, well time is the best answer but so far during first rotation the tread depth is almost same as new tire..
    2 people like this.
  5. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Long term reviews on Earth 1 anyone?

I was inquiring price for 195/65 - R15 the other day and the dealer said 4800/tyre. I thought he might be looking at the tyre size and asked him to check again for R15 and he said 4800 again. If reviews are good might get these.

All other tyres MY02's, P3ST's etc are over 5800/-
    1 person likes this.
  6. samurai

samurai Timido

chennai
    Hi,

My Punto MJD active is 8 months old and done with 20k KMs. Cabin noise is very high for which i registered complaint in FIAT. The complaint was addressed by RAMKAY fiat chennai. They are saying that Noise is due to Tyre and engine is fine. They want me to change the tyre (Sales advisor told that abnormal tyres) and ask me to pay 50 % for any brands. I already faced Left pulling issue, During that time i changed my JK OEM tyre two during 1500 Km and two on 5k Kms. They didnt charge for that. Please give me some suggestion. Is it ok to Pay 50 %. If so which brand i can opt for.

TIA !!
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Go for Yoko Db series.
  8. samurai

samurai Timido

chennai
    What size ?? whether 185/70 R14 fit to OEM active RIMs.
  9. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes Samurai. 185/70R14 will fit to the OEM Active rim. :)
  10. Hi Guys,
    Finally bought four 195/60R15 Michelin Primacy 3 St tyres today @ 5850 per tyre, balancing and alignment free, but dealer charged rather say overcharged me for weights. I was getting late so paid him. Experience after driving was nice. You can instantly feel comfort and almost zero noise on carpetted road and little bit on concrete road(approx 5% of Acelere's noise) but read on few forum that it will also reduce further once driven 500 kms. Hope so it goes. :smile:

I have seen many guys thinking Michelin tyres have soft sidewall but this is not case with P3ST. I must clear the air by presenting following facts of comparison with Apollo Acelere which has hard sidewall.

Apollo Acelere.
    Tread Plies:- 2 polyester+2 steel+ 1 nylon
    Side wall: 2 polyester

Michelin P3ST
    Tread Plies:- 2 polyester+2 steel+ 1 polyamide
    Side wall: 2 polyester

Both tyres have same composition of sidewall i.e 2 polyester. So guys please stop thinking about soft sidewall of michelin P3ST, Buy them with your eyes closed (I have done lot of homework and made logical decision rather than emotional and impulsive one) and enjoy almost zero noise and comfortable ride.
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
    5 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.