1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    They are noisier than goodyear but grippier than the NCT5. I did not go for these tyres only for the noise factor even though the pricing is quite good.
  2. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    I felt good year nct5 had more grip on the road :confused: !

Now after 1500 kms with Yoko A drive R1,
    I am OK with noise (may be got used to it).
    I feel undulations (still trying to get used)
    Lighter (than NCT5) steering - kind of OK.

It is value for the money I paid.
  3. sanfiat

sanfiat Amatore

Faridabad, Haryana
    faridabad Haryana
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hello there...
    I changed my tyres to 185/70/14 Michelin . Got teh balancing/allignment done. But after a day i noticed that the steering has a small tilt to left when the car is running straight. I mean the position is such that the Steering FIAT logo doesnt rest straight as it should be when tyres are in a perfect straight motion. It is slightly inclined from it's default position , say 10-15 degrees from the correct position. The car stays in a staright motion when i test it by momentarily lifting my hands off teh steering. I guess the allignment guy was doing something using the "Thread" method to set the steering straight.
    Can anyone help me out with this one. It was all ok before i changed the tyres. No big thuds or bad roads .
    Could teh tyre size upgrading be the reason. Please shed some light on this gentlemen.
  4. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Go back and get allignment done again man. It's nothing, the allignment guy just screwed up the steering angle, should be a simple fix.
    1 person likes this.
  5. sanfiat

sanfiat Amatore

Faridabad, Haryana
    faridabad Haryana
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hey thanks VJ...Will do that. these dumbasses at workshops sometimes take everyone's time for granted.
  6. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    +1 to vj_v1 minor issue. Will be done free of cost by the alignment guy

Sent from my A250 using Tapatalk
  7. anoop

anoop Superiore

My Punto recently completed 3 years and I am contemplating changing the tyres (they have done close to 23K as of now).

Can I safely go for 185/65/R14? Being the active variant, my stock tyre size is 165/80/R14.

Between 185/65/R14 and 195/70/R14, which will be a better update?
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I think you should go for 185/70, on 14" rim.
  9. Got all the 4 old tyres changed today 20-Jun-2014 at “Lal’sTyres” at Whites road. Old Goodyear GT3’s had done 43535 km in 4years, 7 months. Had noticeably became harder since almost 1year.

New ones are Vredestein SPORTRAC 5 (195 60 R15 – same spec as old GT3 OEM tyres) 46/13 manuf.

Hope they are good and even better in all respects similar to the old GT3’s as personally experienced so far.

Total 21200 (Free alignment/Balancing/new Nozzle –400 4Old tyres). 2 more free alignment check-up at next 2k and 4k km. (was 6200 around Jan’14. So it has come down and waiting was fruitful huh)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. anoop

anoop Superiore

Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.