1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    With 15" you get fatter and big tyres and road grip will be better than 15".

It will enhance the stance of the car.

I am not expert but these are 2 main points IMO of using 15 inchers. :up
    1 person likes this.
  2. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    The actual price of Earth1 is 5300/- and i got discount from the dealer so the price came to 5100/-. What's the price of C drive?
  3. punto-ed

punto-ed

bangalore
    I felt earth 1 is costly, In Blr am sure it's less than 5k. As I went for Pirelli , 5k per tyre.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    What's the size?. I think you must be talking of 14'' as they are less than 5k but not 15".
  5. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Initial impressions on Yoko A drives:

- Noisier than Goodyear NCT5
    - Going over bumps are being felt inside (more than NCT5).
    - Initially steering felt light. No problem with feedback, though.

6. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Guys, thanks for your comments and suggestions. My choice was Michelin Primacy 3ST and the second choice was Yoko 550. Got a set of 4 Michelin P3ST yesterday . The shop near my home doesn't deal Michelin and we drove 120 kms to and fro in his Terrano to get me the Michelins from his friend just for my sake as i was hard pressed on Michelin and it ended cheaper than buying in whites road(had a good time pushing it from Mogappair-Thiruvallur and back). Now waiting to paint the alloys and then fit the new tyres :dance. I was already blown away by his offer and i was wow when he has offered to loan me 4 steel rims if available in his custody and help with getting the alloys painted for a very nominal rate.Miles ahead of any tyre shop i have seen in and around Anna Nagar Chennai. It was like service personalized:rolleyes:. Its just half a click away from fiat authorized service centre in Wavin.
  7. Hey people...I recently changed my tires to 195/65 r 15..same height as 205/55 r 16..thats wht the tyre shop guy told me.After that got my front shocks changed to post 2102 struts..what a difference in GC..personally I feel its a much better car after these upgrades..
  8. ashwyain

ashwyain Timido

Pune, Maharashtra
    Can anyone suggest good alloys to be used on Linea? Mine is 2009 mjd Dynamic and I am thinking of upgrading the wheels to 16".
  9. nehamit

nehamit Timido

Ahmedabad
    As my Linea MJD EPack is now 5.5 years old, it was time to change tyres. After going through all related posts on teamfiat, decided for Michellin XM2. But ended with Pirelli P1 Cinturato 195/60/R15 after discussion with the owner Mr. Manish of Mehta Tyres in Satellite about pros and cons of upsizing and brands etc. Cost is Rs.5900/tyre and changed all 4 tyres. Once driven some 1000+ kilometers, will post a review. Overall a very good experience with this tyre dealer.
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
    4 people like this.
  10. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    the alloys need to be of 98 pcd only..

saimagwheels.com have a good collection..
    otherwise go for the tjet alloys..

both available for around 6k.. tjet alloys from kava
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.