1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. but wont the tyre tough the wheel arch when turned lock to lock?
    this might be a concern for upsizing to 195/65.

had this idea, but dropped later
  2. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    @Gurjinder: Thanks 22ji. That's what I was thinking. 195/65 it is then. Plus a little more cushioning to the rims, given my driving style when it comes to negotiating potholes.

@Sri: The increase in diameter is relatively small, so I don't think it will create any issue.
  3. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Anything above 3% is certainly not recommended, coz 3% being the upperlimit.

Harmony & Choas
  4. TheDrifter

TheDrifter Amatore

Hyderabad
    Finally opted for Yoko 205

Thanks to all TFI members who helped me in choosing the best tyres. After having couple of calls with N Kiran and browsing through several posts, i was skeptical to go for upgrade as when showroom executive told me any tyre upgrade other than stock size would tamper warranty of suspension, but after lot of queries cleared by Mr.UmaKanth owner of Xenos Wheels(Kauveri Wheels,Hyderabad) clarified all my doubts about the upgrade and assured me it would be safe to go with upsize as its done by many people till date. Many thanks to UmaKanth for his patience to get my work done in most efficient and easy way.
    As per the plan, i approached showroom had a word with Shabir Manager of Fiat Tejaswi, that I'm planning for Tyre upgrade before delivery of Car, and happly agreed with it. Went to Xenos Wheels, had a plan with UmaKanth, that we will go to Fiat workshop, take off all 5wheels from the car, come back to Xenos, where the whole process of upgradation will take place, and go back to Workshop and refit them.
    As per the plan, UmaKanth seeked assistance of his partner vehicle, GrandVitare full modified sports vehicle to help me shift tyres from Workshop to Xenos.A big thanks to him for taking all the pain to get work done efficiently.Approached Workshop, lifted my baby on Hydrolic Lifter, removed all four wheels with Alloys, and also Stepney tyre, loaded them into GrandVitare, approached to Xenons Wheels, and boys done amazing job, quickly changed all 5tyres with new Yokohama 205/55/R15 tyres, filled with N20(Nitrogen) air and checked alignment of wheels, loaded back to GrandVitare and zoomed off to workshop and refitted tyres.
    I advise who ever doing tyre upgrade from Hyderabad, have to checkout Xenos Wheels before going anywhere else, I'm sure you definitely stick to them with there wide range of models availability and Alloys collection, he also confirmed he can assist if anyone wanna have Alloys for Punto.
    Stock Tyres exchanged: Good year GT3 - 195/60/R15
    Buy back was Rs3200 per each tyre, Yokohoma each tyre quoted Rs 5800, so the difference of Rs2600 was paid per tyre, so all together of Rs 13000. Tipped(Rs200) the boys for amazing work they have done.
    UmaKanth promised me he will get the Break caliper and Brake drum to be painted to Red, yet to negotiate on the price.
    Next things on list, 3M filim and installing of my present woofer into my Punto once i take delivery tomorrow.
    I cant say how much im excited now and I'm sure i cant catchup sleep and wait till Morning to take hold of my Beast. More details will come in my Ownership review :)
    Thanks for reading.
    Here are the pics .. Njoy :)

2011-07-30 20.51.29.jpg 2011-07-30 20.51.15.jpg
    Stock GoodYear GT3 195/60 tyres 2011-07-30 20.36.01.jpg 2011-07-30 20.32.49.jpg 2011-07-30 19.55.37.jpg 2011-07-29 19.20.50.jpg
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Congrats and post up a pic from the rear. Where the meaty tires can be seen at their best.
  6. TheDrifter

TheDrifter Amatore

Hyderabad
    sure..once I get my baby will post them.
  7. guru

guru

Hyderabad
    hey the Drifter, is there a reason you didnt go for 205 /65.. i have 205/55 it feels like Tumbler from Dark Knight.. go over a pothole you'll see what i mean :)
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
  8. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @guru, 205/65 :shocked :shocked

are u serious
  9. mariogibbs21

mariogibbs21

You better be careful in doing the modifications. There are loads of Fiat recalls that any Fiat car model and part could be defective. You could do some checking of recalls first yourself first before anything else.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2011
  10. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    there is no such thing especially for fiat cars.
    i have seen worst recalls for honda cars presently-recall and replacement for cash.
    nothing of that sorts ever happened with fiat yet other than dealership and service centre goof up.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.