1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whats the air pressure you keep in these upsized tyres?
  2. Johnycomelate

Johnycomelate Novizio

Kochi
    Dear Ravi ! When I replace my tires next, I plan to downgrade my Linea T-Jet (kerb weight 1258 kg) stock size tire 205/55/16 to Verna 1.6 CRDI (kerb weight 1191 kg) stock size of 195/60/16. I am not a great enthusiast or cornering man ! Barring slight MID errors, what are the pros and cons ? My reasoning is that the T-Jet stock size is over size,though I am unable to prove it to you folks. Your comments pls ! Johny
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i'm unable to understand your query ,changing tires based upon kerb weight ?Why are you comparing kerb weight with tires ?
    Normally tires changed based upon the comfort,grip,silent etc.
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  5. Johnycomelate

Johnycomelate Novizio

Kochi
    Dear Ganges ! I agree my query was a little confusing. Kerb weight was given only to compare the vehicle weight vs tire size ! My basic intent is to go for a less wider tire for my t-jet. After I decide on this based on inputs from you all,I would proceed to shortlist the brands based on comfort,grip etc. Thanks in advance !
  6. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    what exactly do you intend to achieve by putting less wider tyres?
    Last edited: May 9, 2014
  7. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    @ johny come late: Yes it is possible and you can do it. You will have a little more comfort because of the higher profile.
  8. Johnycomelate

Johnycomelate Novizio

Kochi
    Shams @ I think I can achieve better steering response and marginal increase in FE with the reduced tire width plus extra comfort with the higher profile of 60. Your comments pls !

- - - Merged Post - - -

5u3zEr0 @ Any cons in your opinion !
    Last edited: May 9, 2014
  9. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    Handling will become sloppy with the higher profile and grip level will come down if you decide to stick with regular tyres. Car also won't look good as before I think.

You will feel the car is marginally quicker with the thinner tyres and like you said a light increase in FE.
  10. Johnycomelate

Johnycomelate Novizio

Kochi
    Hi,Thanks for the input. When you say 'handling will become sloppy',will it be that bad or only marginal ? Secondly what tires offer better grip than regular ones ?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.