1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    okay, i take your word for it. But flexibility does not directly imply lack of strength, so dont worry about the misconception of sidewalls being weak. i am using PLCs on for last 25k+ kms and have driven on all kinds of roads without any problems.

more often than not, sidewall damages happen at parking speeds and it can happen to any tyre
    Last edited: May 5, 2014
  2. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    Absolutely correct...
  3. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Michelin P3 ST has been designed exclusively for Asian road conditions (not great roads like Europe) is what Michelin claims. I have personally driven a car shod with PLC and also driving my car with P3 ST and I feel the tyre is not completely soft and comfort oriented, it shows its characteristics of hardness at times when you corner or switch lanes quickly. Whereas I found PLC to be totally comfort oriented.

Michelin Primacy 3 ST tyres tested, now available in Malaysia

Its nowhere mentioned in the Michelin website that its hard tyre, after having driven it for over 1000 kms I feel the P3 ST is slightly harder than PLC for good :)
  4. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    This is how the wheel well fills now...

za8ytahe.jpg

And I am happy with it I may add..
    1 person likes this.
  5. Hi,
    I am about to replace stock Apollo Aceleres 195/60 R15 of my 1.3 mjd linea 2010, thinking for going to upsize of 195/65 R15 of Apollo Aceleres. Main reason is for GC increase of 10mm. If somebody has done this, Please mention, does it touches wheel well or any other problem faced?
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    New cars have more than sufficient GC, I don't see need to upgrade for more GC.

But 195/65 will touch wheels.
  7. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    195/65 R15 tyres do not touch the wheel well Ravi. Many people including me (on punto) are using it for a long time now
  8. My Linea's GC is just 160 mm and underbody get hits on uneven roads:(

- - - Merged Post - - -

I have read somewhere on Team-BHP thread, that upsized tyre hits suspension arm as well as might scrap wheel arc....have faced something like this?
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    My mistake, I missed "not" ;). I know you are using 195/65 and even I am planning same when I replace my tyres next.
  10. Johnycomelate

Johnycomelate Novizio

Kochi
    Dear Mates ! Bear with me. I plan to downgrade my Linea T-Jet (kerb weight 1258 kg) stock size tire 205/55/16 to Verna 1.6 CRDI (kerb weight 1191 kg) stock size of 195/60/16. I am not a great enthusiast or cornering man ! Barring slight MID errors, what are the pros and cons ? My reasoning is that the T-Jet stock size is over size,though I am unable to prove it to you folks ! Johny
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.