1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Yes, I felt the same initially. But now I am used to the behavior of the Tyre. They bite the road when you slam the B pedal.

Since your tyres are brand new, it would take some time to settle. Until then drive safe :)

Sent from my Lenovo P780_ROW using Tapatalk
  2. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    I have a small apprehension though.. The point where the tread meets sidewall is soft. It's good for a lot of reasons. But that's the point where thorns and such things can puncture the tire, I think. Should we just chart it to luck or what? Also, what pressure is recommended for these tires?
  3. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Yes like you mentioned that portion is a bit on the softer side, but nothing to worry. I would say, exercise a bit of caution, when you see sharp stones on road or a huge pothole, take it slow and easy and that should get you through.

One thing is for sure, P3 ST is slightly harder than the PLC from Michelin stable, which is a good thing indeed. But sidewall cuts are more to do with luck, than the Tyre. People have managed to burst GT3 (hardest Tyre), that says it all.

Tyre pressure I maintain is 33 in all tyres. Not sure about Linea's recommended Tyre pressure.

Sent from my Lenovo P780_ROW using Tapatalk
  4. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    Great - I'll go with recommended Linea pressures and see what happens..
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    whats the source of this information Imran? i tried to google the difference btw PLC and P3ST but could not find anything substantial. from outside appearance both are 100% identical
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    3anyputy.jpg

7uge7umu.jpg

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 6030D using Tapatalk
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Shams the tires never seems to be overkill.Have to be tested when fully loaded.

8. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    ganges, mud flap seems to be few millimeters aways from rear bumper ;)
    Last edited: May 5, 2014
  9. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    Shams, I know from first hand at least. I've pressed PLC and 3ST, and they are different. LC gets pressed like crazy. 3ST doesn't get pressed as much.
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes, mudflaps have lost its quality, the shape of the mudflap changed its 3 years now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.