1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore

From gt 3 to xm or my 02 would be quite a shift. Don't do it. You will not enjoy the ride.
    However if your others tyres are at its EOL then pick up a 2nd hand tyre,id you do only city drives and use it till all 4 die.

Sent from my RM-892_im_india_216 using Tapatalk
  2. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    If one tyre has burst then ideally you just need to change that one tyre with the same tread and profile as the other three tyres. If you have Goodyear GT3 then you should buy the same brand, it does not make sense to buy any other brand. Have you thought about your stepney tyre? Is it the same brand?
  3. Nithrath

Nithrath Amatore

Hyderabad
    theblack & 5u3zEr0,

Very True. Agreed. Got it clarified couple of posts back on the same thread.

So, i cant overload my pocket right now. So, just planning to get this done through some jugaad.

Firstly, i would get one new Goodyear GT3 and put it on alloy. And remove the stepney wheels tyre(absolutely new, unused till now) and put to another alloy. Thus the rear two alloys get new tyres and the stepney will have the used one. Till date(read 30K KMS), this is my first stepney use and only 1 puncture till date. So, use of stepney is very very minimal. So, i guess this solves the problem(for now) :)
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I had GT3 tire burst around 35k kms and punctures too.With Yoko AVS Db or MY02 never had tire burst or puncture both crossed over 40k kms.i would suggest avoid GT3 and experience other tires too.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 6030D using Tapatalk
    Last edited: May 4, 2014
  5. pvnaraya

pvnaraya

Chennai
    Currently my Punto is running in 165/80R14. I am planning to upgrade to 185/70 R14(Bridgestone AR20). Valuable feedback pls !!!!
  6. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    What tyres to buy??

Guys.. Took the bait. Bit the bite. Got Michelin Primacy 3 ST in 205/55/R16 91W all around.

1. These tires fill the wheel we'll best.
    2. They look wide enough for heir size.
    3. The tire stands up pretty nicely. It doesn't look under-inflated.
    4. Tires are decidedly plusher. Road noise is also reduced and tires seem to drive on pebbles and small stones softer - I can feel they are cushioning me.
    5. Steering feels good.
    6. Brakes feel laid back in a good way and maybe bad. I don't feel the car is stopping but it actually does. The slight jerk that accompanies braking isn't present.

I have not tried cornering them yet. Users please suggest tire pressure to keep.

All in all, a very good upgrade from MY-02. Those tires will now become furniture (seating elements) in my office.
    Last edited: May 5, 2014
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    So finally at rear. byza9atu.jpg

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 6030D using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  8. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
  9. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Welcome to the Michelin club :D

Until 500kms take it easy and then the Tyre will do its duty and leave you impressed. About the brakings, Michelin claims that the braking distance of P3 ST is shorter than its competitors and I have experienced it on my car.

Cheers.

Sent from my Lenovo P780_ROW using Tapatalk
  10. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    Thanks imran! Michelin sure is good and sure is better than MY02. Brakes are just feeling spongy in the sense that now I don't 'feel' the car stopping, it just does. Kinda Vespa like. :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.