1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    nithrath, please take look here and probably you will get answers for your questions. i did not get quote from the tyre dealers as our friends here said that its lowest in snapdeal. you may go through that thread to find out the prices
  2. gauravbatla

gauravbatla Novizio

Mumbai
    When did you place the order? Is it available. I guess it is showing as out of stock now. I placed on 26th and today after calling they updated that it has been cancelled !!

Because the seller could not procure the stock.

Please check with snapdeal about availability again.
  3. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    @theblack, what do you think about Apollo Alnac 4G?
  4. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I ordered yesterday only and before i ordered i contacted SD Customer Care and they too confirmed that the stock is available. Later on if the seller cannot procure then its a different issue. It should be really a bad luck.
    Last edited: May 3, 2014
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    For your driving style you need MY02. Don't undestimate soft sidewall for your requiremt of medium sized potholes.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 6030D using Tapatalk
  6. Nithrath

Nithrath Amatore

Hyderabad
    Thanks Ganges for the pointer. Will go out look at and finalize on one.

Thanks satishgv for inputs.
    Last edited: May 3, 2014
  7. Nithrath

Nithrath Amatore

Hyderabad
    I did a walk around at the nearest tyres dealers in Kondapur, Gachibowli area of Hyderabad.

After bargaining, the best prices:

Good year GT3 - Rs.4600
    Michellin XM2 - Rs. 5720
    Michellin P3ST - Rs. 5950
    Bridgestone MY02 - Rs. 5800

Some of the dealers suggested that, changing just one tyre and leaving other 3 as Goodyear GT3 is not an option. The tread pattern differences makes it unsafe in the running the car. He adviced to change two rear tyres and leave other 2 front as it is. But changing one tyre is not a good option.Another dealer just brushed off this argument. More confused than before, i didn't purchase anything :mad:

Suggestions? Is the argument valid?
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Whats your requirement? To change all 4 tires ? Don't change only one tire, best thing is to change all 4 tires, worst case one can live with 2 tire change.

9. Nithrath

Nithrath Amatore

Hyderabad
    I don't want to change all 4 tyres in a go. Only one tyre suffered the burst and that needs an immediate change. And that one tyre, i intended to go with XM2 or MY2(as you suggested). But, there is a different argument from the dealer. Simple query now is --- Is it ok, to change just one tyre to MY2 or XM2 and leave other 3 tyres as it is(i.e. Goodyear GT3)?
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    No it is not recommended.. Change at least 2 tires.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.