1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nithrath

Nithrath Amatore

Hyderabad
    Ravi!

I have a very rough driving style. Can they withstand the potholes/bad roads of Hyd?
  2. Puntoed

Puntoed Amatore

Austin / Blr
    how about pirelli anybody came across , I saw them in 195 profile. same rate as xm2
    Last edited: May 2, 2014
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I can't comment on Hyd roads (as I haven't seen it :)), but Acelere should be able to handle all these.
    Don't consider Michelin (XM2).
  4. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I can't find information about GRIPP LN in CEAT website. I don't know whether the site is not updated or the product has been discontinued???:confused:
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Im using avs db and I've also driven cars that have 3st.
    I feel yoko is about 10% noiser than michellin . But you will not find a major difference at all.
    Especially if you are looking At Bridgestone then either of these will be far better

Sent from my RM-892_im_india_216 using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  6. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    Black, I have Bridgestone right now.. How is 3ST wall against AVS db? Also, how big does each look - I think Michelin tires look smaller than counterparts..
  7. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Appollo Acelere will do the job. Its very much suitable for rough driving conditions.
  8. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I have ordered Apollo Acelere tyres through snapdeal. Initially i was thinking about CEAT GRIPP LN but since i could not get any information regarding the specification from the CEAT India website I refrained from buying it and went ahead with Apollo Acelere. Once i fit them in my car i will sure post my feelings about those tyres.
    Last edited: May 2, 2014
  9. Nithrath

Nithrath Amatore

Hyderabad
    How does the side walls for Appollo Accelere do? Safe for rough driving style(rough means, not caring about medium sized potholes in case of urgent going) and regular hyderabad roads?

Satishgv! What is the price you ordered for on snapdeal? and What is the price quoted at the vendor? Can i order for just one tyre? What is the size of tyre you ordered for? Is it 195/60/R15?
  10. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Yea even I've heard that Michelin looks smaller.
    Side wall of the ST is just about softer than avs . Avs is slightly more oriented towards sporty drive while not compromising on comfort.
    Finally i feel the side wall debate is more only for conversion sake. It really comes down to proer driving habits and tyre maintenance and only about 30% is related to the actual tyre type.
    Please note I've driven on one of the hardest tyre and now on a soft one. My personal verdict would be to be sensible and buy soft ones.

Sent from my RM-892_im_india_216 using Tapatalk
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.