1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    XM 2 is an entry level Tyre, and P3 ST falls under premium category. I have been using P3 ST and I must say the grip level are better than Yoko C drive. Overall I am pretty happy and would highly recommend P3 ST.

Sent from my Lenovo P780_ROW using Tapatalk
  2. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    Imran, did you ever have MY02? Between P3 ST and AVS db which do you think is better than MY? Any idea?

How is Vredestein Ultrac Cento.. I heard it isn't very good under wet braking..
  3. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    No idea about Vredestien tyres. Just seen it and haven't come across anyone using it.

Never used or experienced MY 02 too.

Between P3 ST and Yoko AVS db, you choose anyone and you won't go wrong. They are a blend of comfort and handling. Going by reviews of people using Yoko AVS db, they are extremely happy and going by P3 ST, my friend and I both are happy with these.

I didn't compare the sidewall of Yoko AVS db and P3 ST, you can do that and choose the Tyre with better sidewall strength as you have already damaged your MY02s.

4. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    MY has spoiled me for grip, particularly wet. I'm very concerned of aqua planing and all, and hence want the absolute best performer in wet. P3 or Db, which is better there?
  5. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    I haven't personally tested P3 ST in wet, but my friend did that too on a highway and was mighty impressed with wet grip levels. Ironically, his previous set of tyres were Yokohama S Drives and after using Michelin P3 ST, he vouches on wet and dry grip of these tyres.

I have also heard from @DRIV3R that continental CPC 2 has phenomenal wet grip. Maybe someone who has used Yoko AVS db in wet conditions can shed some light here :)

6. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    And that shedding of light will close my tire upgrade chapter...
  7. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    Every time I drive with that tubed tire I'm nervous
  8. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    You have rightly omittied ES100 though they are good tires, they are pretty old, uni directional and will have a lower life hence would not suit your needs.

Out of the above I prefer the Bridgestone Turanza AR20, its not a basic tyre like OE tyres and is a part of their touring range which should make it comfortable. It should cost you 1400 less than the XM2 and could be better than it.
  9. Nithrath

Nithrath Amatore

Hyderabad
    Friends,

I run Grande Punto. In my recent trip to Hampi, i had a tyre burst of OEM Goodyear tyre. I need to replace it now.

Reading through the thread, i'm more confused :eek:

My priority is safety & handling/cornering and value for money. Road noise is something i can compromise on.

Request inputs from experts.
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    In my view, you should get get Apollo Accelere or Michelin XM2.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.