1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Avoid directional tyres if you want better life. I feel Bridgestone Turanza series tyres are the best for Indian roads. I even had very good experience with Apollo & Goodyear NCT5 tyres.

Kiran
  2. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    Thanks Kiran for your quick response.
  3. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Anybody planning to have a look at the latest offering from CEAT, the GRIPP-LN. Ceat is a good tyre maker and shuns OE supplies and concentrates on replacement market. I have that tyre on my list now.

Abdul
    1 person likes this.
  4. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Narayan have a look at Yokohama Earth 1. Quite decent tyres for the money. Have seen earth1 already clocked 11k kms on a fluidic verna. The owner was all praises for it

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk
  5. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    After asimpleson pointed it out the CEAT GRIPP-LN is also in my radar too. Coincidentally, the apollo acelere tyres in snapdeal sold out so seriously thinking of CEAT.
  6. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    What tyres to buy??

I'm interested in reviews of CEAT Gripp LN... Nowhere to be found...!

Cabin noise is quite high when car travels on not-so-buttery roads. Is this the tire or dashboard vibrating too much? Car feels cheap in that noise and I feel stupid..
    Last edited: May 1, 2014
  7. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    What tyres to buy??

Due to that noise and mismatch of tread pattern I am highly inclined to give Primacy 3ST a try. I don't know if it's tire noise or dashboard vibrating too much. In what league is XM2, against Yoko AVS db and Primacy 3ST?

I want excellent wet grip, dry grip, and minimal noise along with strong side walls. Contradictory much?
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Dash should not vibrate unless removed and refitted loosely perhaps. The noise you say is mostly due to tread pattern.

Also, Ceat Gripp LN look recent, so maybe because of that reviews are not there.

- - - Merged Post - - -

I would say they are all good tyres, esp. Yoko AVS db and Michelin 3ST. Dont know much about XM2.
    Certain tyre treads have good grip, but the tread patterns dont go well with tarmac making noise I guess. Sometimes aging and road conditions could both catalyse noise levels to rise. AVS db (decibel) has to do with lower cabin noise.

View attachment YOKOHAMA Tyre - AVS dB decibel.pdf
    ^^ problem with link embedding, so attached a pdf.

I am afraid some compromises have to be made esp. when profiles are changed. Yoko DB are priced more but would work well I guess if noise is your primary concern. Most branded tyres offer decent levels of grip for a sensible driver. The options mentioned here on tyre thread are tried and tested :)
    1 person likes this.
  9. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I have db, its good road noise is less, definitely a good buy if you are looking for comfort + handling. A good buy

Sent from my RM-892_im_india_216 using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  10. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    And how's the tread wear rate?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.