1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Sorry, don't understand the reference to tyre spin. :confused:
    I didnt undertand the knowlegde bit; do you mean recalibration without knowledge. Surely not. :) But that hasn't stopped people from modding ECUs and adding cruise controls also. People dug deeper and found solutions eitherways.
  2. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Finally picked up yoko avs db from Millivisions (Bangalore).
    The trade with the old tyre , balancing/alignment came to 21,500 (and i paid 21,000) .

The tyres are 0213 make only but after having seen many shops there was none newer i could find (i hope no one proves me wrong) .So its slightly more than a year old.
    Initial opinions are that they seem to be quiet and braking is just about as good as my maxxis . Need to see more .
    1 person likes this.
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Congrats,

As far as the dealer invoice and warranty card is there, no issues I guess with older tyre stock. Yoko was offering freebies sometime back, dont know if offer is still there.
  4. pvnaraya

pvnaraya

Chennai
  5. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    How about Michelin? I'd changed mine to Michelin XM2 for 4900 per tyres in Bangalore. Have used the tyres for about 1100 kms and I'm very much happy from grip, noise and comfort point of view.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  6. pvnaraya

pvnaraya

Chennai
    Can I know the cost of Bridgestone Turanza AR20 - 185/70 R14
  7. gauravbatla

gauravbatla Novizio

Mumbai
    Confused because apollos may be even worse as well that GT3 as well no. Grass is greener on the other side type.

I have ordered on 26th via Snapdeal but hasn't shipped since now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
  8. gauravbatla

gauravbatla Novizio

Mumbai
    Thanks buddy. But have already placed ordered via Snapdeal. Will think if they don't ship or something

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
  9. I have recently bought Yoko A Drive 185/70/R14 for INR 4,100 a piece.
  10. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    Just read all of the pages in this thread, quite exhaustive on tyres. Im planing to change my 195/60/R15 GT3s on my GP, and looking at a cost effective option. Ramesh tyres in Velachery is my nearest dealer, and the following is what i have as choices with an overall extra 1100 for balancing/nozzles/alignment etc.

- Yokohoma ES100 - 4750 per tire
    - Apollo Alnac 4G - 4900 per tire
    - Michellin XM2 - 5750 per tire
    - Bridgestone RE88 - 5450 per tire
    - Bridgestone AR20 - 5400 per tire

Im looking at more value for money with long life without compromising safety. Tyre noise doesnt bother me. After reading this post im inclined to ignore the Yoko ES100 and am eyeing on Apollo Alnac 4G.

XM2 seems to be costly looking at the VFM proposition it brings to the table in the above comparison....

Need your comments, and also looking forward for comments.

thx
    Narayan
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.