1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    65 or 60 .
    As far as ive seen 65 is not available. Will ask anyway. I'm going for 60/15

Sent from my Q1000 using Tapatalk 2
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    It is available.
    Im using 195/65/15. Want to upgrade to 205 /65/15
  3. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    205/65 is extreme anna. 205/60 itself is already a bit of an overkill.
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Anna ENKI is running on it, and i too didn't see any scraping issues with 195/65/15 with full loaded as well. Will check it after fitment of 205/65/15.
    When compared 195/65/15 with 205/65/r15:-
    The sidewall increases by 0.2 inches.
    Circumference by 2 inches.
    Radius by 0.2 inches.
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
  5. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    If you already have a bad experience why do you have it on your list, it does not make sense. Ideally you should spend some more and get better tyres than these regular OE tyres. Think about asimpleson's offer.

Never compromise on tyres.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    I guess if one can live with the speedometer error then no problem. Just find out online how much difference will be there in distance covered and speed repoted and I think you will be fine.

The price quoted looks right and competitive. I suppose a marginal difference of ±100-150 per tyre can be there in the price you were quoted. Online this profile is expensive and the prices aren't updated it seems.

If there is serious intent to buy from a dealer he may reduce pricing on the spot. On the phone you can get a rough idea.
    Still if you want to confirm you can call this no. Acme Tyres (Goregaon-W) — Subhash Bhogale - 09322644196.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Not sure about this Abdul. I generally dont have a problem since my personal driving is rare on the Linea, mostly weekends and secondly when I do it is pretty much within moderate limits, never really had a problem in both conditions. Besides Yokos have this special catalyst (dont remember name) that improves silica content or something like that they are very proud of. So hopefully that should be sufficient. :)
    1 person likes this.
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    What I'm saying is yoko avs db is not available in 205/65/15 .
    I'm looking at the catalogue as we speak

Sent from my Q1000 using Tapatalk 2
  8. pratul

pratul Timido

Mumbai
    Being using Yoko Avs db for 30k kms. It's served well till now on all kinds of surfaces.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
  9. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Have been using Yoko A drives since last 1000 kms or so. Major difference over GT3 are the ride comfort and low on noise. Felt GT3 is slightly better in terms of high speed braking. But over all, quite satisfied with the buy; especially ride quality at low speeds. A VFM I must say.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  10. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Talked to many dealers in Trivandrum. Bridgestone MY02 is not available, discontinued.
    I have to make a choice between Apollo's Acelere and Acelere Maxx (205/55/R16).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.