1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gauravbatla

gauravbatla Novizio

Mumbai
    Hi All,

Anybody bought kendas? I have 5yr old linea GT3(195/60 R15) and am changing these but do not want to spend 20k coz not sure how long will I keep the car. Kendas are just 14 k for a set of 4.

The kenda reviews on the forum are a bit mixed so was wondering is someone whos actually used kendas can update.

Thanks

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
  2. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    please use search function !!: http://www.teamfiat.co.in/tyres-alloys/8298-what-tyres-buy-40.html#post179733
  3. sachin vijan

sachin vijan Timido

delhi
    Hi Friends,

I am Planning to buy new tyres for my Punto(emotion )Diesel model....
    Already cover 52000KM ....
    So,Help me to know which Brand should i go and should also change the size also from 165 to 185....

Thanks
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Hi,

Kenda KR23 are good tyres and many postive reviews are there from people online. Please note that some people online have unreasonable expectations from a products that costs nearly half of what a reputed brand may charge. But please find a dealer who can honour warranty. As regards, testimony on TFI, Varunrtr has mentioned the link via search. Please search again on various forums if you want to. My suggestion is to see them in a shop that actually sells them and then decide. Remember to ask for warranty details and terms.
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes move to 185/70 R14 tyres.

Also alloy are available at low cost currently, if budget permits, you can buy OE alloy and put 195/60 R15 tyres.
  7. gauravbatla

gauravbatla Novizio

Mumbai
    thanks ya. that's reassuring. Infact i had read the other posts already, but some of the people mentioned it as the 'cheap-chinese tyre' so was a bit confused. Also the reviews were slightly dated so it's always better to get a recent update. I am planning to buy from changemytyre.com. They have this additional 2 years warranty in case the tyre company does not honour theirs. Which is even more reassuring. Will most likely buy those only in a few days.

Thanks buddy. Had seen it already, the reviews were a bit dated and were quite balanced over each side thus was looking for some more feedback
  8. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    After reading many posts in this thread, I am of the opinion that the Punto/Linea suspension requires a tyre with a firm sidewall and one that doesnt flex too much. The cars dynamics are linked more to the suspension and hence any excess flexing of the sidewalls will generally mess up the handling and unnerve the driver. If you see the brands that Fiat used , they are all mainly firm sidewall tyres like GT3, Accelere, tornado,Duraplus...etc. so we neednt reinvent anything unless one wants to have a good brand on the tyres. So it will be best to select whatever tyre with a sidewall that compares with the types mentioned earlier. Fiat seems to have tested well and that is what we have appreciated with the car.

Our member @ramjn had switched to ZLOs and had to jettison them quickly to go back to Acceleres. Similarly @royj fitted the ZLO and seems to have overcome the flex problem by using higher air pressures. High flexing tyres will sure give a very comfortable drive, but may fall short in the handling dept.

Abdul
    4 people like this.
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    The Yoko A drive fits right in between these two. Side wall strength and weight ratings..

Kind of complements well the stiffer suspension due to new gc struts.

:p heartsent for our mutual benefit .. !
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  10. Roadking

Roadking Amatore

Bangalore KA
    Tornado's as per my experience is the worst tyre of all, the sidewall is no where near firm. My rims and wheel cover came in contact with tarmac on the stock tornado's 80 profile while I was cornering hard that's how bad these were..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.