1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    I think 195/60/R15 should be good enough. Anyways depends on your choice. :)

What is your thought or opinion on this list..?
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
  2. limraj

limraj Superiore

Linea 1.3
    Yes, speed ratings are different.
    Accelere - 94 H - Max speed 210 km/h
    Accelere Maxx - 91 V - Max speed above 210 km/h

But, the tread patterns are different as well. I am more interested in this than the speed rating. Also, the side wall's ability to tackle bad roads.

Acelere 201204061439184864-Aceler_ps.jpg Acelere Maxx 201202170145383838-acelere-maxx-tyre.gif
  3. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @asimpleson, I just wanted to try the 65 profile as it gives a slight increase in the GC of about 10 mm. I love the low profile ride of the punto and so don't want to go for the GC upgrade but at the same time this 10 mm clearance will spare the under body from the insane speed breakers. This route of increasing the GC comes cheaper than the upgrade kit considering the fact i invest in a single component and i gain the advantage of two functions (new tyre and GC increase):mrgreen:

Regarding my thought on the list, i am driving on Goodyear GT3. If the 195/65/15 profile is available in the GT3 then surely i would have gone for them. The feedback I got about Yoko is mixed , Michelin is great and all other comes under the same category. I would like to restrict my spend so opted out of Michelin. As you have mentioned that Apollo Acelere is VFM, that is what i am looking for right now.

I did not understand the logic behind your unusual numbering of 1a, 1b........2a......3a etc. It seems that you were trying to categorize but i did not get on what basis?
  4. Linear

Linear Amatore

That tread pattern on the Maxx will give the tyre better wet grip, at the cost of a little increase in rolling resistance.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    Well it's more like a mental note of tyre series & quality, mostly depending on feedback amongst various sources and review on and outside the forum from real market demands and offers also. These are how I rated them on order of preference.

Category 1 you can see and compare between the available options above Rs. 4.5k, moreso above 4.9k depending on deal.

Category 2 is rather inadequate to compare between I admit. But it is because of the options worthwhile to compare in the price bracket below 4.3k. Maybe there are more worthwhile options but not many to my knowledge.

Similarly, Category 3 you will see I have only mentioned the brand names in preference order. There is a lot of mixed reviews for the Chinese Korean brands, some say Maxxis are good. Others like Hankook which has better presence in West. Kenda have been used mainly by fleet operators and such who couldnt care much for brand, and of course many private users too have vouched for their potential in India as well. Then again some are of the opinion including dealers I spoke to that Nankang are better than Kenda. (a common perception maybe also because they are priced slightly higher).

So your choice to sum it up AFAIK stands between these three categories of tyres. The a.b.c.d was to mention my personal preference within the category. Nothing hard and fast rules to be applied to the list. Just trying to be objective in suggestion is all. :)

- - - Merged Post - - -

Good thinking. ::T I would rate them in order of weight rating, sidewall strength, tread pattern and then speed rating. Any tyre that can touch near 200kmph is good enough for me. Who drives at 180-200kmph anyway? :D There must be better ways to have fun and not fulfilling the deathwish. :lol:
    1 person likes this.
  6. Which Tyres I should go for Linea 1.3 MJD 2010?

I am planning to change my Linea's 1.3 MJD stock tyres Apollo Acelere 195/60 R15 88H, meter reading 56613kms. As per the information on sidewall, Aceleres appears to be good than majority of tyres available in market as well as reasonably priced at Rs 4200/- and also closely comparable to Michelin in terms of specifications. But problem is that all tyre dealers in Delhi are saying its a bad tyre, company has stop making this and practically unavailable at all shops I have visited till date and if available then mfd date of 2010.

Acelere's sidewall info is:-

195/60 R15 88H,
    Treadwear 300
    Traction A
    Temprature A, now in Goodyear and bridgestone, Temprature is rated as B, Does it make difference?
    Plies Tread:- 2 polyester 2 Steel 1 nylon, In yokohama and bridgestone nylon part is missing.
    Sidewall: 2 polyester

now as per composition of tyres, Apollo Aceleres ranks next to Michelin Xm1 and what I feel is Bridgestone is not that great tyre as hyped in market as temp is B rated & Nylon part missing in majority of models offered by it.

I request experts' guidiance in regard to changing my tyres. which tyres I should go for if not aceleres. Please comment with logical reasons. My Daily running is 50 kms in mixed traffic and speed at which I drive is max 80-100 kms/hr on free road. Thanks
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Apolo Acelere is indeed a very good tyre, for its price. And some mis-information about its availability. The tyre is very much in market.

If you are not getting it, I suggest try Michelin XM2.

There are other excellent tyres, if you are looking for comfort. Michelin P3ST and Yoko AVS Db series are supposed to be best, in comfort.
  8. Thank you Ravi for early reply, I will definitely work on your valuable suggestions.
  9. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Linea 1.3
    Any first hand experience between Michelin P3ST and Yoko AVS Db 550 ?
    1 person likes this.
  10. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Been using P3 ST past 700 kms. Best Tyre I have ever used. Prior to this I had GT3 and Yokohama C drives. So comparing the P3 ST with those two sets and they just fare better in all aspects. No road noise, great grip levels, improved braking, minimized sidewall flex, confidence inspiring on corners, just loving it :)

Sent from my Lenovo P780_ROW using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.