1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  2. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    If its side wall cuts, then i would personally say its mostly at parking speeds. Potholes and bad road at highspeeds dont result in side wall cuts, it results in tyre bulges and out of shape tyres if the tyres are too old and hard.
  3. Guite

Guite

Noida
    Linea Dynamic comes with 195/60 R15 whose radius is 307mm. Linea Emotion comes with 205/55 R16, which means its radius is 316mm. Can I fit same size of tyre on the Dynamic? I am thinking about Michelin Primacy 195/65 R15 whose radius is 317mm. After all its same car model, just a different variant.
  4. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    I will be doing it - different front and rear, and yes, temporarily. I'm intending to do it only to burn the life of my MY02 and then change all 4 tires in one go.
  5. neelchak

neelchak Timido

Mumbai
    Guys,
    Following my secondary research, I went to streets soliciting quotations to select replacement tyres for my stock GT3. I have currently narrowed down to following tyres
    1. Apollo Alnac 4G (Price 4500)
    2. GoodYear Assurance (Similar price)
    3. Yoko AVS DB (Price 5050)

So the first two tyres have completely replaced my initial shortlist of MY02, ZLO and XM2. Price is a major deterrent and I am hoping how wrong can any of the above tyres go.
    I am more or less leaning towards Apollo Alnac, although there is almost zero reviews available in any forum (Indian/ Other countries). I am pursuing based on good reports on Tyre reviews, tests and ratings - TyreReviews. It has done pretty well in quite a few tests. Also, it has been the OEM for VW across globe. My only concern with it right now is handling while cornering at high speeds, as the material would be softer than say GT3. I am probably going to take a leap of faith in terms of its durability and reliability.
    Any advice?
  6. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Posted the query in the wrong thread, may be. Posting here as well:

Apollo has Acelere and Acelere Maxx tyres. Maxx costs a little more than the regular Acelere.
    Does any one know the advantage of Maxx over the regular Acelere?
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I think the difference may be the speed rating. I believe the regular Aceleres have the rating of 86H. Not sure on the rating with Maxx.
  8. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @asimpleson, no I was mentioning 195/65/15 only. You may be confused because of comparison with GT3. I just wanted to compare the performance of apollo and goodyear irrespective of sizes.
  9. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Today i was checking the price of Michelin 3PST in chennai and some dealers were recommending yoko DB 550 over Michellin 3PST. For some reason i am stuck with Michelin as my choice and shop guy was pushing for Yoko .

3PST - 5950 per tyre was the best offer and Yoko 550 - 5750 per tyre( when getting 4 tyres )
  10. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Pirelli P6 cinturato is also a good tyre. I have it in my Rapid....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.