1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Linear

Linear Amatore

Thane
    AFAIK CPC5 is not launched in India and I doubt it will be launched anytime soon. You can try Vredestein instead - heard a lot of good about them, though have not used them.

Have also heard that MY-02 have been discontinued by Bridgestone, so check the date if you're going for them. Potenzas are good tyres but they are performance tyres, so comparatively noisy.
  2. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    @ theblack: You can use 195 width on a 7J alloy. You were in fact looking for a 205 width tyre so if that is possible then obviously 195 is possible. Or you have made a mistake somewhere with the figures.
  3. vaibhavc

vaibhavc Amatore

Goa
    Hi all,
    Can anyone tell me the flip side of using two sets of tyres at the same time. I mean say Good year in front and Yokohoma at the rear.
    I have recently changed my front tyres to Goodyear duraplus (195/60/15) but not finding them very comfortable to drive so was wondering if i can put Yokohoma at the rear.
    Suggestions?
  4. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    my Linea wearing 205/55 r16 hankook ventus on tjet rims sourced from kava motors. good tyre the hankooks are.
  5. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    I too have hankooks ventus on my Linea. Quite decent tyres for the price. Have already done close to 19000 kms with good levels of grip in dry and decent in wet conditions. Noise is far better than the Goodyear nct 5. With the amount of thread left it will easily do another 18-20k kms.

PS: maintenance of tyres of goes a long way in extreacting more kms from it.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  6. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    agree with you on that. mine have done around 5k till now. going really great.. and boy oh boy! they look the best compromise between elegance and aggression for a line, and 16 inchers look any day better on a 1.3 MJD
  7. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    i dont think there should be any issue, but you should put the better or new sets or grippier tyres at the rear.
    i have used yoko c drive and gt3 combination for some 2k km and did long trips as well in all kinds of roads without any complain.
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
  8. shivraj5624

shivraj5624 Amatore

Belgaum, Karnataka
    belgaum
    Linea 1.3
    Hey krishna can i get Hankook for my 15 rimsof linea??. Mine is the dynamic 2012 model which is running on Goodyear.
    Do we have dealers in bangalore for the same?? I don't think they are available at my place.:confused:
  9. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    I believe the 195/60 R15 tyre is available in Hankook. I had seen this in one of the tyre shops. Let me check and revert.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk
  10. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    yoko.JPG

I found this on yokohama's website.
    Almost everywhere i see that 195 section tyres are a perfect fit for 7J alloys.
    (I saw the same kind of report even on Michellin's website).

Am i being too paranoid with 205 sections or is it sensible to choose 195 for 7J?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.