1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pvnaraya

pvnaraya

Chennai
    Hi All,

Very Good Morning.

I am planning to change the shoes of my GP. Need suggestion for the below.

1. Whether to upgrade to 15 inch RIM
    2. if staying with 14 inch, can I upgrade to 185/70 R14
    3. If staying with 15 inch, can i go with 195/60R15
    4. Whether to go with Bridgstone , Michelin, or Yokohoma ?
  2. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Points 1,2,3 are all possible. Point 4 go back and read this thread.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk.
  3. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    point 4 ...
  4. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Just fiy, I am still searching for a good 205/55/15 tyres

Sent from my Q1000 using Tapatalk 2
  5. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    If you want very good wet and dry grip along with low noise, try Bridgestone MY02. Very good comfort tyre and walls don't flex too much. Initially once I found them to, then not.
  6. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Are they available in the profile I'm looking for

7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    After a long and hard search . I've narrowed down on 3 tyres

MY-02
    Potenza g3
    CPC-5

I've heard g3 is stopped not sure if that's the case and i hear that MY-02 is also very noisy.
    users of both these tyres please comment

CPC-5 : this is the one i'm actually hunting down in BLR and contacted a few guys who are totally unware . I'm not sure if its even launched in india yet.
    Please advice
  8. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet

1. 15” rims would be nice but it will be difficult to source one in the 98 pcd. 100 pcd alloys are available plenty and you could fit them too, the difference is very minute.
    2. You can upgrade to 185/70, it would mean a 2% bigger diametre which is again a small difference.
    3. Yes you could do 195/60 on 15” but I would suggest 195/55 on 15” it is a much closer fit and will handle better.
    4. It depends on what you want from your tyre. Performance tyres will be noisy and will have a lower life than normal tyres. Out of the lot you mention I would buy the Yokohama S drives.
    If you want I could post a snap of a 15” 100 pcd alloy wheel on my car.

@ the black: I suggest you do 195 width instead of 205 because that is too much rubber for the Punto's power. But yes it would look swell.
  9. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I can't use 195 because my alloys are 7j

10. gauravbatla

gauravbatla Novizio

Mumbai
    Hi All,

Just want to understand if we have a tyre exchange thread on the forum as well. There are both new and old owners in the group and there is a possibility wherein the new owners might want to upgrade their Goodyear/Stocks to say bridgestones, pirrellis or other high end tyres and if i understand correctly, they hardly get a good deal on their new stocks by the dealers.

On the other hand, there could be a few whose goodyears may have worn out and are looking to replace their tyres, but since the car is 4-5 years old, are not interested in spending 20-25 K on the same.

May be new owners planning to upgrade can post their current tyres for sale with other members. New Owners can get a good price for their stocks and the buyers willing to buy those can get good tyres at a decent price.

Not sure if this is done right now or is permitted on the forum, but had this idea so just sharing with all. For e.g. I have a Petrol 1.4 4.5 year old Linea which i would keep for a year or so more and am looking at replacement tyre for one year, but do not want to spend 20 K on new ones and do not trust the old tyre suppliers
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.