1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    That's a trade off brother.

Hard sidewall=road noise+no comfort+ no sidewall cuts
    Soft sidewall =no noise +comfort+sidewall cuts

Unfortunately there is no all rounder Tyre in market yet, one of the parameters need to be compromised upon.

It was a difficult decision to me as well, but then my friend has been using P3 ST since quite sometime and I was mighty impressed when I drove his Punto. So it was head over heart decision and my heart said "Go for Michelin" ;)

Good luck with your purchase.

Sent from my Lenovo P780_ROW using Tapatalk
  2. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    How do you think about Vredestein Sportrac 5?
  3. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    my9epuje.jpg

Tread pattern for Vredestein Sportrac 5.
  4. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    nicely said imran.I bought p3st for best combination of handling, comfort & noise.
    got the sidewall cut as i brushed a stone near pavement while parking alongside if it.
    I am enjoying my drive very much and any day it's better than c drive( I still have the c drives in my rapid).
    here is a pic of the sidewall cut

image.jpg

image.jpg
  5. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    Did anyone face this sidewall issue with XM2?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sidewall cut can happen to any tyre, depending how it gets hit.
    But yes some tyres are perceived to more softer sidewall, like C Drive, Michelins etc
  7. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    ^ Addiing to this, it happens mostly in parking speeds and reversing. If we are careful with that, then the chances of side wall cut will be less. I have done some 18 k kms on a michelin wihout a cut in side wall where as i had managed to do the same in a Goodyear within a weeks time when i was steering full left and inched forward. The kerb stone made it :)
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  8. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    Ya I mostly see people complaining when the car was at parking. So how about potholes (at nights) and bad roads(long drive) while driving?
  9. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    I agree with Ravi!
    Not sure how true this perception is though!
    I have used my PLCs for for 27k + kms now without any problems except occasional punctures. 27 k of driving has included all kinds of roads/bad roads/no roads!

also due to the additional GC offered by 195/65 profile, i do drive on bad roads substantially more than I did with my previous tyres.
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  10. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    I don’t think this upsize is possible with the stock rims of the Linea. You would have to change the alloys. Second, your 1.3 mjd does not have so much power for such wide rubber, you will lose pick up.

Any tyre you use, you will have to be careful where you drive and how you drive.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.