1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M A N U

M A N U Amatore

Bangalore
    finally replaced my 40k odd old GT3 with yokohama c drives (195/60/15).There is world of difference between the 2 tyres C - Drives are super comfortable and silent . Cannot comment about the wet grip dry grip is as good as GT3. highly recommended :)
    1 person likes this.
  2. pvnaraya

pvnaraya

Chennai
    Can I know the cost of yokohama c drives (195/60/15). I am planning to change the shoes of my Punto
  3. M A N U

M A N U Amatore

Bangalore
    i paid 4700 per tire alignment balancing was charged extra and no deduction for the old tires

20140411_182449.jpg

20140411_182620.jpg

20140412_080411.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  4. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    What tyres to buy??

I'm in the same boat. Burst two of my 205-55-16 MY-02s on the Linea today - sidewall cuts.

Which tyres can be at par or better than these? I'm looking at superior grips - both wet and dry, like the MY-02, and excellent soundless operation. I do do 160kmph at times. I also like my corners fast occasionally.

I'm considering Vredestein Sportrac 5 if they're able to get it in my spec. Please suggest, guys. Right now I'm running on the spare alloy and one tire is now tubed, running in the front. This whole thing happened 300 metres away from home and I brought the vehicle back. I will now take it out only to get wheels replaced first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
  5. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    How about upsizing to 225-50-16?

Pros and cons?

6. M A N U

M A N U Amatore

Bangalore
    Go with XM2 or earth 1 if they available in that size.
  7. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    What about road noise characteristics and grip qualities of XM2?

8. M A N U

M A N U Amatore

Bangalore
    XM2 have good grip and more durable , but C Drive may be quieter i feel.
  9. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Michelin makes great tyres undoubtedly. Only problem I see with online reviews is about the sidewall cuts. XM2 is relatively quiet tyre. Its grips well in dry and wet both.
    (Driven XM2 on Dad's friend's i10 and loved them)

I am running on Michelin Primacy 3 ST, just did 300 kms and its too early to judge, but the characteristics of the car have entirely changed. Quick lane changes and cornering is confidence inspiring and the dry grip and brakings are outstanding.

Can't comment on wet grip as I haven't got a chance to test it. Not sure how they turn out to be on Indian roads, long term ownership shall determine that.

P.S earlier had C drives and I didn't like them much, hence replaced the tyres at 11k kms :)

Sent from my Lenovo P780_ROW using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  10. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    What tyres to buy??

Imran, members here have reported 2 sidewall cuts in as many months in Primacy 3 ST. I can't be spending insane amount per year for tyres.

MY02 are undoubtedly great tyres but they do have soft side walls, harder than Michelin PLC but soft, nonetheless. This time around, I need RF side walls, along with all properties of MY02, if I can possibly have them!
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.